Thread: where can I get Keyboard/Screen protectors for ASUS Eee PC 1000H?

where can I get Keyboard/Screen protectors for ASUS Eee PC 1000H?

Does any one know how to protect the keyboard? I know you can apply scratch guards on your screen but what about the keyboard what should I do to protect the keyboard. Does anyone here know of any store where I can get the scratch guard for a 8.9" screen for ASUS Eee PC 1000H and something for the Keyboard as well. I don’t want to shop online as I don’t want to use my credit/debit card online. Hence I want a retail store location where I can purchase it.

Re: where can I get Keyboard/Screen protectors for ASUS Eee PC 1000H?

Hi, there you get a keyboard protector for key boards it’s usually of silicone, that’s what I know of probably even I can’t find the desirable cover for my Fujitsu. I tried to search for an address of a shop where I can buy it but no luck than finally I bought it from a website on Google but its quite sluggish and the worst part was when I was trying to apply it I almost tore a piece from the bottom. Applying these protectors is quite a task

What you can do is you can is you can cover your keyboard with plastic cover rather than going for that silicone guards, they are expensive too! I just wrapped a thin plastic stick on available at any general store on my laptop screen and covered my keyboard with plastic cover it sounds a bit tacky but it’s quite effective and cheap too! Plastic covers are nice alternate to the silicone guards check it out only if you’re not the hosh posh types.

What you can do is order the replacement keyboard for ASUS 1000HE as it is similar to 1000H which will cost you around 15$ rather than going in for the screen guards costing up to 29$, you just need to scrap out additional metal Tabs and its good to go. It has worked on my laptop so it should work on yours if it does work kindly let me know, as this was an experiment I saw on Google and I tried it and it worked for me hence I want to know if I’ am the only lucky one this is a universal trick to save money!

While surfing Google I came up with a website that is selling Invisible Shield for approx. 29$ and it has a lifetime warranty, which means you will get the screen guards replaced as long as you own the product. That’s the best feature I liked about Invisible Shield’s they also provide screen guards for mobile phones and various other electronic products I got one for my iPhone too. Its application is also very easy you don’t need rocket science knowledge for it.

You can also get rubberized cover for your keyboard at select sites you need to search it on Google I bought it from a site on Google but when again when I went to buy the same product the site was unavailable. So you need to search it thoroughly. I have this rubberized cover and it is really good it has a lot of grip avoids lot of oil slipping fingers and keeps your keyboard shining as new and you can even wash it when it’s too murky