Thread: Is ASUS UL20FT-A1 laptop worth it?

Is ASUS UL20FT-A1 laptop worth it?

My Friend has just purchased Asus UL20FT-A1 and I am trying to know about its knickknacks. I’ am using it and its quiet good have no problems as of now the display of 12.1 / 1366x768 is Ok for me and Intel GMA HD (384MB) Graphic card allows me to play nice 3D games, windows 7 operating system is awesome, and last but not the least the 1.2-GHz Intel Core i3-330UM processor is quite impressive but I am still wondering should I buy the same model or wait for something new, I am very confused as this would be my first laptop, you know how emotional people are when buying their first laptops!

Re: Is ASUS UL20FT-A1 laptop worth it?

Buying the first laptop! Congratulations first of all. That reminds me of my first that was an assembled one I used it for quiet a while until my daughter dropped it through our balcony! Hence I had to purchase a new one so I bought Dell Inspiron M101z it’s quite a beast in performance much better than my previous one. About it’s configuration it has 1.3-GHz AMD Athon II Neo K235 processor, MS Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), 11.6 / 1366x768 display, 4GB ram you can upgrade it upto8GB and 320GB SATA Hard Drive. Decent battery life makes it quiet comfortable it’s a great laptop highly recommendable.

I have heard Dell doesn’t provide good enough service with international warranty! I had used Dell and as I travel a lot usually on business meet I keep an extra battery with me, but one fine day both the batteries died out despite of being under warranty I was not refurbished I called on their tech support no-good. Finally I dumped it and I am now using the same ASUS UL20FT-A1. It’s really good piece of electronic gadget, good Wi-Fi connectivity, and sturdy built acceptable battery life light in weight, and most important good international warrant.

You didn’t mention your usage or what are you looking in a laptop for e.g. gaming, net surfing or for official work. Even the price range, what price range are you comfortable with? Please mention all the details the next time it helps in sorting out a proper choice of products. Anyways I have mentioned a suitable product on the basis of your recommendation “Asus UL20FT-A1”. If your planning to buy Asus UL20FT-A1, than I would suggest “Toshiba Satellite T215D” which has almost the same configuration but will cost you 183$ less.

I’ am actually looking for a good gaming laptop and I do travel a lot to overseas. I had checked laptops from Alien ware but that is way over my budget cant afford such an expensive laptop so early. I did check out the Toshiba satellite and Dell Inspiron they both are good but they don’t provide international warranty and I don’t want to be stuck abroad with a spoilt piece of junk! Apologies, for not mentioning the details earlier. Thanks for your review it did quiet clear my mind I think I should go ahead and copy my friend without any hesitation! Thanks again guys.

If you’re looking for a gaming laptop than why don’t you go for the Alien ware? They have the best gaming laptops. Liquid cool graphic cards uber cool displays with true life screen doesn’t heat up much and you get few high definition 3D games free. It’s quite an experience to play games on Alien ware than any other laptops. I have an HP and even I like gaming a lot but HP doesn’t provide much on gaming hence I’ am looking forward to buying a Alienware