Thread: iPod touch 4g, Is it saif to jailbreak?

iPod touch 4g, Is it saif to jailbreak?

Here I have some concerns about jailbreaking therefore I want suggestions from you people. I am currently using an iPod touch 4g. I have been watching some videos about jailbreaking on youtube. So I now I really want to jailbreak. But I have some concerns about jailbreaking like I think it may mess up my iPod or it may harm my iPhone in any way. I don’t know much about jailbreaking. So please provide me with appropriate suggestions.

Re: iPod touch 4g, Is it saif to jailbreak?

Your do not need to worry about jailbreaking. If you have even little idea about how to do it I will suggest you to go for it. It’s totally safe and does nothing harm to performance of your device. There are millions of applications from open source stuff but you can’t download them due to GPL issues, it has concerns about some apps that can crash or slow down your device. But I haven’t found any app that has done anything like this. So if you want to download those apps you have to jailbreak first.

I have also done jailbreaking on my device and believe me its totally safe and legal. There is no reason to worry about it. And it’s very simple to do. Once you have done with jailbreaking, you will get access to lots of themes, apps, fun hack and many enhancements for your iPod touch 4g. I will suggest you to use greenpoison to jailbreak because it’s very quick and simple. If you have any more questions, just ask me.

Thanks to both of you for replying. Now I want to ask some more about this. I have updated my iPod to iOS 4.3. So I want to ask that I should go for downgrading or should I wait for next jail break for this version. One more question I want to say that I have downloaded may games and I am playing them from long time, so if I will jailbreak then is it possible that I may lose my game progresses and will I be able to sync my iPod to iTunes?

you don’t have to worry about them also. Nothing will happen to your games progress and scores. Everything will be as it is. You will be able to sync to iTunes even after jailbreaking. All will be same, the only thing will be change that after jailbreaking you will be able to install those applications which you were not able to install before. Once you done with jailbreaking, you will be able to install everything that the Apple was not allowing you.

Here I want add something from my side. As you said you have already upgraded your iPod to iOS 4.3, therefore you have to wait for next jailbreak to come. You cannot even downgrade also. If you want to downgrade, you first have to jailbreak. Therefore you have to wait until they release a jailbreak for version 4.3. And after that you don’t even need downgrade. So, just wait for next jailbreak and once it releases, jailbreak your device without any worry. And as far as I know next jailbreak will come in couple of weeks. So wait till then.

Here everyone is supporting jailbreaking. But, I will never suggest any one to do it. If you are doing jailbreaking, it means you are giving control of your phone to those components Apple doesn’t want to because; they can have potential to harm your device. If you are jailbreaking it means you are taking a serious risk. Once my friend did this and he loosed his all the purchased music because he was forced to restore the phone. He didn’t make any backups to his music. Just because its legal, you should not do anything that’s outside of Apple’s warranty conditions. There are almost all types of apps are available in Appstore. So why to jailbreak?

hi i have iphone 4g it is not unlocked and i dont have the simcard to active it, is there is any sulotion to fix that? please someone help me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmanazmar View Post
    hi i have iphone 4g it is not unlocked and i dont have the simcard to active it, is there is any sulotion to fix that? please someone help me thanks
    If I am understanding you properly, then you have got yourself an unlocked iphone 4 that you want to use with indian sim cards like aritel, vodafone, etc?? If that is the case then you will have to first unlock the phone so that it can use different sim cards. Get it to a local mobile repair shop and unlock it by shelling some cash.

thank you for your advice buddy..