Thread: iOS 5 adds Beta3 Airplay support for FaceTime video calling

iOS 5 adds Beta3 Airplay support for FaceTime video calling

Recently I got to know that iOS5 beta 3 has activated a new airplay streaming support to enable FaceTime Video calling. It will have a feature - AirPlay mirroring for FaceTime. Using this feature user can display their video calls on a large screen so that group of people can view it easily. Isn’t it amazing? User can start a video call and to make viewable to his entire family he can beam it onto the big screen.

re: iOS 5 adds Beta3 Airplay support for FaceTime video calling

It’s too amazing. That’s a great idea. I think now I have to buy an Apple TV. As you said with this feature anyone can make FaceTime video calls to be displayed on a large TV screen. It will be very nice for family viewing. I will really like to have such thing with me. I think it will prove be very useful during Video conferencing in enterprises as the video calls can be made to be displayed on a wider screen. And we have reached to future of video calling.

Here I want add something from my side. As we all might know that an Apple TV will easily cost around $100 and I think it’s too high if you want it just for Airplay. And the most important thing is that when we view our Ipad screen on a larger TV screen then the resolution remains same as that of the iPad, which cause those black pillars. I can understand that a user interface from iPad cannot be stretched on a bigger screen, but the bigger screen should be optimized when it comes about FaceTime or wider screen viewing.

That’s really a great idea. But here I want to know that, will it also work on iPhone? Or its just for iPad. And the other thing I am confused about is that is it will affect the battery life? As when we do this, it will have to stream three different videos at same time. First, it will stream outgoing video from you iPad. Second, it will stream incoming video coming to iPad. And it will also stream videos from iPad to the Apple TV, all at the same time.

Re: iOS 5 adds Beta3 Airplay support for FaceTime video calling

Apple is just getting better. It’s a very amazing technology. Now one thing that I want from them is they should make forward facing camera of high quality so that we can view video calls at full resolution and can take full advantage of this feature. Now what we should do is make a place at top of our TV to hold iPad. Then we can call at full HD resolution. But it will seem like we are using web camera. I think they should provide camera directly in TV with a good mic.