Thread: Unable to read blu ray in sony vaio notebook

Unable to read blu ray in sony vaio notebook

I am having purchased sony vaio notebook few days back. The notebook works perfectly for me. But from past one week it is giving some from problems for me. Actually problem I am facing is with my Blu ray drive. The drive is not able to recognizing the blu ray disk inserted in it. And there is no problem with the drive. It will read DVDs perfectly. The drive says that it needs to be updated. But I don’t know from where I can update the drivers of the blue ray drive. I have intervideo WInDVD blu ray Drive. Does anyone have solution for playing blu ray in it?

Re: Unable to read blu ray in sony vaio notebook

I understand the problem you are facing with the drive. The drive doesn’t able to recognize the Blu Ray in it. But before having any solution. I must know that when it is happening actually. Which Blu ray you are playing with it. What is your notebook model number? And what is the version of your interDVD Blu Ray Drive currently you are using. If you want to know how to get the interDVD Blu Ray Drive
    Do this to see the version of drive.
    • You have to right click on winDVD screen.
    • Now select settings
    • In settings go to the setup
    • Click on the tab to get the version

Here is the details you need from me to resolve the issue
    • Sony Vaio VGN- FW21E notebook
    • IneterDVD Blu ray Drive version is 8.0
    And I am trying to play the Blu Ray of AVATAR The Movie. Whenever I insert it .it doesn’t recognizes the blu ray.

So you have provided the details of what your notebook version is and what is the blue ray drive version is. I don’t thinks it’s any problem regarding the notebook. It’s actually the problem with the Blu ray drive itself. You have specified the drive version which is 8.0 which is older one and not compatible with the newer Blu rays. Currently there are updates available over the sony site. You can visit it and download the latest updates for your drive. Currently there are 8.0.20.169 and 8.0.20.185 version available which are compatible with your drive. So download it .it will solve the problem you are facing.

Thanks for helping me out. I have visited sony site and downloaded the latest updates for my drive. I have installed it to notebook. But still can’t able to play the Blu ray. I have inserted the blu ray in it. But it’s not working. I have tried to restart it and then inserted blu ray in it but it’s not working. Is there any way so I can play the blu rays in it.

I have Sony vaio notebook. And I have also faced such a problem while playing the blu ray of avatar. You have to check if it’s happening with other blu rays also or not. If it didn’t happen with others then the problem is with avatar only. I have read article regarding this that the blu ray of avatar causing such a issue. To resolving the solution there is only one way to solve this and it’s the firmware update. So try to update the firmware of the drive. Before doing this first check that what is the firmware version of your drive. If firmware is updated then there may be other issue.

I have faced such problem with my blu ray drive few days back. It can’t read blu ray also it can’t read the DVD. Only it able to read is CD. So I figure out the problem of the drive. Since I have also updated the firmware and drive updates for it but nothing happens. It is happening due to the lens of the Blu ray drive itself. Its strength got reduced therefore it can’t able to recognize the Blu ray in drive. So try to clean the lens of drive you can do this using lens cleaner which is available to any of the stores. Try inserting it in drive and clean the lens now tries to run the disc it will work perfectly.