Thread: After installing windows 7 touchpad scrolling stopped working in Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E

After installing windows 7 touchpad scrolling stopped working in Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E

In my Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E laptop I was using windows Vista operating system and I have recently upgraded my operating system from windows vista to windows 7. Now after installing the fresh copy of the windows 7 in my laptop my touchpad stroller has stopped working. Now because of this I am facing so many problems. If anyone has solution regarding this then please help me.

Re: After installing windows 7 touchpad scrolling stopped working in Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E

Well I think you are facing this scrolling issue in your Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E because the scrolling is disabled in your in Device Settings of Mouse properties. By enabling the scroll option from your Device Settings of Mouse properties you can solve this issue. First enable the scroll option and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. As far as I know your problem will get solved after trying this trick.

Re: After installing windows 7 touchpad scrolling stopped working in Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E

If you don’t know the how to enable the scrolling in your laptop then you have to follow this steps.
    • First you have to open the control panel.
    • Now after that you have to select the mouse option and then open the mouse properties.
    • After that you have to click on the device setting tab and there you will get the option for the scrolling.
    • Now enable that option and after that click on the OK.

If you require any more information then let me know.

After installing the Windows 7 in your laptop if you have not installed the original pointing device driver then you have to install that first and after installing those drivers your problem will get solved. First you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop and after that you have to install the pointing device drivers in your laptop. Now after installing the drivers you have to restart the laptop. After that you have to check that whether you can scroll or not.

Well after trying to installing the drivers from the drivers CD in your laptop also if you are still getting the same problem with your scrolling then I think you have to first downed the pointing device driver by clicking here DOWNLOAD and after you click on this link you have to select Pointing Device / Touchpad Driver and download It. now after that install it in your laptop and then check whether you are able scroll or not?

Well I have tried to solve this problem by enabling the scrolling option of from the Device Settings of Mouse properties but after doing that also I was still having the same issue. Now after that I have installed the pointing device drivers from the driver CD but after doing that also I get the same problem. I have downloaded the drivers from your given download link also but that doesn’t help to fix this issue. If anyone has other solution regarding this then please help me.

After referring your above post I would like to tell you that you are facing this problem that you are facing this problem due to any hardware fault in your Sony VAIO VGN-NS20E laptop and you need to contact the Sony service center. I am telling you this because you have mentioned in your above post that after doing the all necessary setting and installing the touchpad related drivers also same issue is coming.