Thread: how to restore the Factory setting in Asus Eee 70x pc

how to restore the Factory setting in Asus Eee 70x pc

I have a new Asus Eee pc last month. I have no doubt about its performance. The working is very fine. I installed n-listed XP on 4G 701 on my system. I want some information about some processes in my system. I want to know that can I restore it to factory setting or not. I have doubt about the setting options in that. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem. If the restore is possible then told me the procedure how it works. Please give me some ideas to solve my problem.

Re: how to restore the Factory setting in Asus Eee 70x pc

According to my observation I can told you that this is not possible in your system. The restore is possible only if you have the original Xandros/Debian with the 4 ASUS made partitions. But you mentioned that you changed the operating system so you need an external DVD drive for using the restore DVD. Or you can use the USB stick which you can install the restore DVD on and you can restore using that USB stick. in this way you can solve your problem.

After reading your problem I want to tell you that you can solve your problem by various method. Here I am giving you one of the solution that may solve your problem. You can use the grey DVD Called EEE PC 701 Support DVD Rev 1.1 which is Traditional Chinese Version. after that you have to go on the eeeuser’s authenticated site where you get the proper information to use this CD by the use of that you can restore the factory setting easily. Actually I did not use this DVD for my use that’s why I am not confirmed about it. But I think this will solve your problem. Hope this will work for you.

I can give you some information to solve your problem. There are various tricks are available to solve this kind of problems. But here I am giving you best of them. Before using this method make sure that you have all important data on the Backup on the External device like external hard drive or SD cards etc. first you have to reboot your PC. Remember that any additional software that was installed on your system will also be erased. After that when the Eee pc starts rebooting then press the F9 key. This process keep going until you get the black screen having an option “Restore to factory setting”. Then you have to select that option and wait for a minute. Then you will see the EeePC will reboot itself. Then while rebooting the system will ask for a username and password. After filling that data you can boot to the original “easy” desktop.

Here I am giving you some solution to solve your problem. First you should turn off the computer then again turn it on. Then you have to press the F9 button until you get the window having the option to reset to factory setting or it loads the software. If it loads the software then you will see a picture of green field and blue sky having the button in the bottom left-hand corner that says "start". Or you will get the big picture in that you can get to run the programs. So you can use Winlite.iso file to install the Windows. This may solve your problem.

You require the restore DVD for performing this kind of operation. I can give you some information about that. Actually you cannot directly download the restore DVD from the web. That should come with the eee pc itself because it contains windows drivers. So you can contact to your seller and tell them that you need the restore DVD and the manual with it. Or you can also download the manual from the Eeeuser’s authenticated site. Eeeuser site also give some support to solve this kind of problem. I hope this will work for you solve your problem. Thank you.

If you got the DVD iso then follow some of the steps which I am giving here. That will definitely help you to solve your problem. First when you got the DVD iso then you have to burn it on any machine. It also has the utility to create the SD card bootable image or 2 GB USB. Then you have to boot it and then install the clean image. Then yo have to choose the language in that (generally you can select English). This will solve your problem. Hope this will help you to solve your problem.