Thread: How to switch from aircel to airtel?

How to switch from aircel to airtel?

Hi, I am using the aircel services from last few years and never got such a problem ever before but don’t know from last two months they are just deducting my money from my account gratuitously, and because of that only I tend to keep low balance in my cell. And really I just fed up of this problem and as one of my friend has already switched his number to other services and thus I am also planning the same to switch to airtel, so please help me doing this as I am not aware about anything. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: How to switch from aircel to airtel?

it’s too simple as you just have to visit the airtel gallery and told them about your current detail and tell them like you want to switch to their network, so they will surely help you further, and this is not as difficult as you might be thinking, they will just make you feel a form in which you have to add the details about the current plan and then just submit it to them and after someday you’ll be switched to their network.

I am quite agree with the user but still he just forget to mentioned one thing that is too important like before doing this you need to send a SMS through which you’ll get the confirmation for the portability, this is also called as Unique portability code and this code will be used as an reference during the porting your number. For that you have to send the SMS and in that write down the following mentioned details

PORT (mobile number) and send it to 1900.

I would like to suggest you one more thing as you need to clear all your previous due bill if suppose you are using the postpaid connection, or else you’ll not be able to port the number to other operator, and sometimes it also happens as the previous operator just delete the entry and which is not even updated to the newer operator as well, so that number is assumed to be closed. So ensure that you have clear all the bills.

That’s quite good as you are porting the number to the airtel and I would like to tell you about the important steps behind the whole process that you have to follow :

Steps for Mobile Number Portability (MNP) :

• First of all you have to send an SMS to 1900 with the text written PORT (mobile number), as you sent the message you’ll get the acknowledgment with a unique porting code.

• Apply for to fresh customer through this unique code and this code will stay applicable for few days. One has to finished the application and present all appropriate documents once more as new customer.

• And off course be patient as it may take several days according to their convenience.

Hey thanks for the suggestion and it seems that I was just afraid worthless as this is not that much difficult as I have expected. But still I am just wondering as don’t we need any NOC from the current operator or isn’t there any frees for the process or it will just go that fluently as mentioned, because above mentioned steps are so effortless, and do we have to inform the current operator for this? Anyways thanks for the complimentary suggestions.

No there isn’t any need of the NOC or you won’t have to contact the current operator as well for the same as, when you apply for the next plan they will contact your operator for portability. But surely you have to pay RS.20 as a nominal fee to the airtel and just be free as they will proceed with the further steps, and there is no guarantee when your number would change the operator because it may take few days.