Thread: Error on syncing the address book on Blackberry after software update

Error on syncing the address book on Blackberry after software update

Got new blackberry recently and everything was going fine with it until recently I was when my desktop manager 6 said there was blackberry software update available so I did the update and as a result my device address book became empty and saves one contact repeatedly 10 times and my desktop manager says my address book is not installed. I then did the full restoration of my device but had no change on my address book though everything else restored fine but not the address book any idea to deal with it

Re: Error on syncing the address book on Blackberry after software update

That the common problem with updating the address book I also had the same problem then what I did is rolled back my update using the desktop manager v6 go to device then to device update and then look for the button that says view other version and choose the earlier version form the list . it will take a while to device to roll back you have to check box next to address book under organizer. If its grays out the click on configure setting . hope this works

Got annoyed by my device I have blackberry storm 2 9550 . it was working fine till I updated the software now I have nothing but the phone syncing issue since my phone v 5.0.0.1015 and desktop manager v 6 I have spent over 10hour to resolve this issue and there is still no success found I am constantly getting error 0x80043ac9 for which I don’t found any clear answer any where no the final solution I have is to roll back my device up date hope RIM takesa page out of Microsoft's book on testing.

Had same error when I updates the software on my phone so taking the advice I had roll back the update but I was not able to get solve the address book error . it was very annoying as this I thought will never end but the someone suggested me to load my Gmail account and install my contacts over the air , now I have got my phone book detail back but I am very disappointed by the service given by Blackberry. Hope this solution will solve your problem at least temporarily

Did same thing here when I tried to update my blackberry software it’s generate error and I was not able to sync my device address book. I have lost all my contact information which is very important for my work now company blame me for this unfortunate thing . I have backup of my address on my pc but whenever I connect to desktop manger its gives me error address books not installed . I did roll back to previous version but this does not solve anything . I don’t even have saved my address book anywhere else. Please suggest me the solution

I can’t post links here but the error is KB23978. You have to play around for some time to get the solution for this error. I was not able to use older back up as they had messed up my contact detail so I first cleared my contact list completely before I made the back up again and re synced it with my outlook after ward. Now you need to Google the solution for KB23978 as it is very big and I can’t post that big post you can find it easily if you search properly . it will defiantly solve your problem