Thread: 1001px internal Bluetooth for Asus EEE PC

1001px internal Bluetooth for Asus EEE PC

I just purchased a 1001PX I like and have soft operation with a reduced version of Windows XP. I have to upgrade to 2 GB of RAM and a plan to put a 500 GB disk in the day maybe if I get time. One thing we really need is bluetooth. The 1001PX is quite small, with only two USB ports and hubs are not so practical. I've been searching the web all in the last three days trying to find something about adding internal USB Bluetooth, but have not found anything. So I wonder if any of you smart people to know where I can leverage oh add my bluetooth? I really try not to add a hub on the inside, since you only need bluetooth and nothing else. I think I'll break it down today and may post some pictures if it would help anyone help me solve this, just let me know.

Re: 1001px internal Bluetooth for Asus EEE PC

1001P is usually based on the 1005, with the same motherboard. However, the 1001PX is the model of value and may have differences with the normal version, in addition to only having two USB ports instead of three. As a mother will help you be safe, but there is usually a Blt_Con where it can be a Bluetooth module attached. You can probably get a Bluetooth module parts on eBay or Asus. Just bear in mind that if you get one that comes with the cable, as is sometimes sold separately. Although the possibility exists that the connector cannot be there or not a soldier, but you can find the connector and soldering or welding of considering bluetooth directly to the pins of the connector.

Least try the pinout for one, then you can use for the USB because it is a USB connection. The extra pins are for additional control over the module, as being able to turn on and off. However, a standard USB dongle module does not have that feature and therefore can only be connected to USB pin only when you have to find a 5V supply as the Blt_Con only provides 3.3v. If you cannot find one, then you can press the 5v one of the external USB ports.

According to my being, if possible to take advantage of the external USB ports without disabling them, but requires a good welding job. At least one member of the board fried due to their inability to weld. In older models that used to be easy to take advantage of the camera as a USB, but they changed the pinout on the newer models Seashell and nobody has discovered yet complete pinout, but no longer and went on to 5v 3.3 V, as blt_con. There are also other USB data pins on the motherboard, but no one has tried to take advantage of yet and as ports that require careful soldering.

I understand that the pins on the MB BT are basically no 5v USB and there. What you cannot find here is a detailed diagram of the pins are in the blt_con'm sure he's here somewhere but I cannot find them. Does anyone have a link? As for the 5v will think that touching an external port would not be a bad idea, this is a super small and I imagine that BT uses a lot of stress and not even warm when working hard for hours. Could perhaps also take advantage of Sata 5v? The BT USB I am using is an Iogear GBU421, unfortunately, do not give him power specifications, I have seen a couple of these which have been measured at 3.3 though.

If you are good at welding can touch zero ohms, if you look at the pic posted above Blt_Con'll see on the right side of the connector and connect the USB data points (pairs whenever you see these resistors is a USB connection) You can then use the USB port for both the 5v and ground pins. Or you can trace the footsteps of zero ohms to pins of the connector and press there for the data pins. No one has drawn the pinout of the Blt_Con in any of the new models, along with the pinout new webcam, but here's the pinout for the old, pre-Concha, models.

However there will be no resistance. As for the blt_con the new models will be the same I guess until I found a post that has a guy who bought a BT card with cabling, but it was the wrong size. However the cable was 10 pin so it makes me think that perhaps are using a new design of the plug. In older models as indicated on the pin 2 and 3 are the USB data on the other I saw (the wire) pin 3 and 4 USB data were available. I'm sure I've lost, but I hope you are following what I'm saying.