Thread: Old calendar entries got deleted from Blackberry bold

Old calendar entries got deleted from Blackberry bold

Recently I have bought blackberry bold. I was using blackberry pearl which was a nice phone but I have small problem with bold for some reason its keeps deleting my old calendar entries and I don’t know what is happening I have two way sync with my outlook and there is no issue in it . the main proble is that if any calendar entry goes pass one week is automatically gets deleted .I have check all option on my device as well as on outlook and find nothing . I also don’t have any memory issue on my device . My OS is also most recent one. Does anyone have any solution for my issue?

re: Old calendar entries got deleted from Blackberry bold

Need to ask two questions are you on BIS or BES. If you are on BIS then its ok but if you using BES then you may need to consult your IT guy before doing anything. And then do the following
    • Take back up of your device with DM
    • Then hit the factory reset button for menu of device
    • Prompt two option one to wipe setting another to wipe third party application (I am not sure)
    • Just select wipe setting
    • restore backup back again from advance restore and restore everything accept setting
    this would take some time . see if its work

Hey guys I also got same kind of problem about calendar data get deleted if its old and for some time it’s very annoying when this would happen I have tried everything updated my operating system reset all setting but it wouldn’t helped I also tried all different manipulation on outlook sync , changed calendar option but nothing help . I don’t have any bb service center in my near area so its not any soon be possible to solve this issue by my own dose any one has any solution and any new updated OS that can solve my issue

Suffering from the same problem guys I receives message to delete calendar item on outlook have tried everything like keep pressing reject so that I don’t delete my outlook item, I even tried to removing the sync setting , thought this might work but next day the same message comes up . I have the task that keep getting restored the date to 1981 I don’t know what in the hell is wrong with my phone. I have consider calling blackberry but they charge $50 still I have to call blackberry because its beyond anybody’s reach , I will post solution if ever I will find out

I think bold have some calendar issue I also face the same problem since I had bought it but I have a fix not permanent I guess just take you battery out for 30 second and put it back then reset the configuration and do the sync . That it now it has been two weeks and I have facing no problem though I have to do at least one sync a day. I keep regular check on my blackberry calendar as I am curious that anything went wrong but no issue has been occurred yet. Don’t know how long this technique will survive but till now everything is ok and if any thin went wrong I will repeat this process again hope this will help you cause

Got same problem with my bold also was working fine for 3 months but until couple of week ago I notice some of my outlook calendar item got deleted and find out the reason that bold automatically delete 7 days older data in calendar even though it was set to 60days . I then changed it to keep item for ever which technically bring back the old item but it didn’t and when I tried it to resync again for outlook its tried to delete the outlook data so I had to manually enter all data into the phone again . also tried to taking the battery but not worked for me . My phone memory was also not the issue I have above 550 mb of space left I think it must be issue with bold OS