Thread: Need HTC Sync version for MyTouch 4G

Need HTC Sync version for MyTouch 4G

I am finding for HTC Sync version for MyTouch 4G. I try to search this on many sites, but I can’t get any idea or any site which help me in this case. I even can’t get this on HTC site also. Anyone here have any idea on this? I even e-mailed HTC Support to ask when Sync will be on hand for the MT4G. But can’t get any response from there also. So I really not understand where I can find this. Please if anyone has any idea on this than please suggest me the site or provide me some information about this.

Re: Need HTC Sync version for MyTouch 4G

I called customer service and they said they were updating the site today. I could not tell if the timing would be obtainable shortly or not, nor do I contacted someone I knew. This is a deal breaker for me, because I said the phone would support synchronization of Outlook. If you do not make the software available on the T-Mobile 14 days return policy that will have to take it back. It's a shame, I like the phone. Please indicate if you hear something different, I would appreciate any updates you meet someone.

As I have called the customer service and simply replied: There will be a launch of HTC sync for this device because it was not built with this capability. However, you can sync with Google, making sure that all contacts are Google. In addition, you can directly sync your Outlook calendar to Google without an import / export process. Once on Google, the calendar is synchronized directly to their handsets based on Android through the air. This is an alternative to other methods for transferring appointments. The application can be installed on your PC to send data from Outlook to Google, and is synchronized in both directions.

To the extent that I know, there is no actual synchronization obtainable on Google to Outlook just export / import instructions. Am I mislaid something? Is this the future (depends on cloud computing), or simply a means to synchronize? I truly do not wish to place my business contacts 700 in another cloud. It seems that there are several third-party synchronization programs out there, but a solution appears to be unpredictable.

Sync is obviously a function of software and the previous answer indicates that the phone was not built with this feature that made no sense when, obviously, a matter of program. I think I'll wait for the release instead of trying to install the software slide and then have to find a way to remove and replace it. I created a Gmail account and export my contacts there and then import them on the phone. There was no means I was going to get 270 contacts with addresses and emails manually, then later than clearing the import to Gmail contacts are not hanging out there so to talk.

The sync software is not yet available and I emailed customer service and was told the following, which is published after my comment. In summary, it seems you can twist the Outlook synchronization. In addition, last week I downloaded the user guide, which covers pages 57-62 and Outlook sync HTC says the software offers. I agreed to the User's Guide today and the pages have been removed from the User's Guide. I'm trying to get a straight answer from HTC, but have not yet received one.

I also heard back from HTC. Same thing. No software synchronization is scheduled. This is what he said: I understand that you have the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G by HTC and to synchronize the device with Outlook. I know the value of being able to synchronize with your PC. This feature has been detached from our phone because it was gritty a best experience on the phone would be to synchronize your calendar and contacts from the cloud-based services for example Google or Exchange servers. You can export contacts and calendar information from Outlook and after that import it into Gmail.

So far, Android is no better than the iPhone or Windows Phone 7 on that front. By the way, I cannot imagine T-mobile bother me one way or another, if HTC provides synchronization for 4G. So this smack of forcing Google HTC TMO does not allow offering which would force users to Gmail. This is the kind of behavior that everyone hated in MS. So much for open source is open. If this is the case I doubt we can vigor TMO to all HTC to provide synchronization of overwhelming them with requests.