Thread: Physical address extension of Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Physical address extension of Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Last one month I have work on the Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop and yesterday, when I look at my system information, and saw the physical address extension below my ram information. It indicates that it couldn't go higher than 3GB. Can it support 4GB? I want to access 4GHz in 32bit machine. I hope many users will be do this kind of task. Then please suggest your own experience related to this issue. Is there necessary to turn on the Physical address extension option? Thanks for any help.

Re: Physical address extension of Lenovo ThinkPad T61

32Bit windows will only be capable to make use of ~3.5GB of 4GB RAM. To use more memory onto this laptop, you require installing a 64-bit version of your OS. But in today’s world there are so many features available that will be help to do this task on 32 bit system. PAE is a feature of newer Intel processors that allows 32-bit systems to address up to 64GB of RAM. Then uses this features using the BIOS and it will be help you to use 4GB on 32 bit windows XP system.

For your kind of information, PAE will never allow 4GB employ for consumers. Only High end servers use such kind of facility. There is also a restriction applied on it. It needs PAE responsive hardware, software, and drivers to have a possibility to work. Hence I must say that before doing any think on it you need to use the basic thing. That is check the PAE will be providing the compatibility facility with this system or not. Then only use it.

I've bought 4 GB RAM and tried to utilize the PAE setting in order to get all of my RAM working. Then I found that the PAE will not be working with this ThinkPad T61 laptop. Hence I decided to do the special process on it. PAE does allow addressing 4 GB - that is its primary purpose and it allocates XD protection. To use PAE, operating system support is required. Hence if you work on windows vista then it doesn’t support. The windows XP will support it.

It is a good thing, because anything 2GB and up XP is going to perform optimally. If the windows XP will be provide such opportunity then you need to use this option within your Intel based system. It really works to solve this problem. Then use it and it really work to remove the problem related to this task. Laptop can only address 4GB of RAM and page file when it is a 32bit system. Then use it and it really work to solve your problem.

I think I read somewhere that XP Pro SP2 has this PAE enabled by default. The PAE switch is maybe a well option as it must allocate your laptop to observe the 4GB of RAM and utilize it better. Lenovo is starting to add consumer-friendly features such as PAE and all the other things on it. This will be help to solve your problem. Then use it and it really work to solve such kind of problem. Then use it and see the performance of this.

While nearly all desktop/notebook hardware shipping has been 64-bit capable in today’s world. If you have work on this kind of laptop then you need to use the options present on this system. This will be help to you for solving the problem related to this issue, then use it and locate the performance of this laptop. The BIOS has the capability to provide such options. If it won’t contain it then you need to update it. Try this and it really works to solve the problem.