Thread: How to use PC internet on my nokia mobile ?

How to use PC internet on my nokia mobile ?

Hi, I am using nokia X3-02 and in that I know there is an option through which we can make use the phone as a data modem and then can use the internet through the PC but this is quite older as I am planning to use the broadband internet on my phone. In other words this is exactly opposite to the above mentioned practice. So o sot possible to do that using the nokia phone? If yes then please let me know how we can do this? Thanks for any recommendation.

Re: How to use PC internet on my nokia mobile ?

I don’t think practically this is possible, because I haven’t seen anybody doing such a wired technique but still you can try searching on internet whether it is possible or not, because according to my knowledge this is not possible. And after all this doesn’t make any sense as using the broadband on the phone, because the thing is like if you have a very good internet connection on the PC only then why to share with the mobile?

I think this is possible with the mobile phones but still I am not sure about the Nokia phones because I have done the same thing with the sony ericsson’s phone, but still as the above user mentioned you should try to search on internet, but let me tell you that you’ll not be able to use it with the help of USB cable rather you must have to use the Bluetooth as a communicating source between you mobile and the PC.

Yeah this is possible and for doing this simply follow the following steps.

1- First of all you need to create a new APN in your mobile, and for doing that follow the mentioned steps open Settings and in that select Connection and from there only you’ll get the option for Access points > Options > Create new APN. Give the name as per your convenience. After this you need to configure the advanced settings and set server address as 127.0.0.1 and 1234 as the proxy port number. Save all the settings that you have made.

2- After that you have to download the software called Hiisi Proxy from the internet and install it in the SD card’s or in the phone memory’s root folder.

3- After this you have to configure the server on the your PC, you should first of all ensure that which COM port you are using, that you can ensure through the Bluetooth.

4- Now extract the attachment and search Pihatonttu.cmd and in that you have to configure the COM port as per your COM port.

5- Now Pair your mobile device with windows default Bluetooth. and launch the Hiisi Proxy on your Phone. As you do this it will ask you for "Allow application” so press ok so it will test the connection first and Inquiring bluetooth devices and On the subsequent screen you will see the path such as btspp://..... so at this moment you have to select the first one. And then you are ready to access the internet.

As mentioned by the above use you can make use of the software called hiisi proxy but along with that you can use GNU Box as well in your device. This both software are compatible with the symbian series phone, I am not sure about other phone but they might be used for that as well, but that doesn’t matter as you are already using the Nokia phone.

See I have used this technique and no doubt it works perfectly but still I would like to say this is good at having knowledge but it doesn’t make any sense that you make use of this technique with the daily life, because once I have done this and came to know that it just drained the battery in couple of Hrs, so basically this is not good for the device as it has too load more data and make utilization of more resources. So my suggestion is like you should know like this is possible but you should not try this every time.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys, in fact I was not aware about the thing and that’s why I was looking for the tricks for doing this, and I am not going to use it for daily life, as the internet connection in my PC is quite well. But thank you very much about the solution, I have tried using both the software that you have mentioned and according to me hiisi proxy is quite good than the other.