Thread: Lenovo R400 while typing pointer goes some chars back automatically

Lenovo R400 while typing pointer goes some chars back automatically

I have problem with my Lenovo R400. It has windows xp 32 bit installed by default. And now sometimes when I type anything then its pointer goes in between the sentences I typed and I start typing in between the previous typed words around 50-60 characters back back from where I was supposed to continue typing. I think that ultranav is the problem or simply touchpad, so I googled it. As I don’t want to take risk to disable bios touchpad so I downloaded dpinst.exe but it is useless as it is not a valid win32 application. So now I don’t know what to do. Please, suggest something.

Re: Lenovo R400 while typing pointer goes some chars back automatically

I understood your problem, as you said your problem is, when you try to type something pointer goes somewhere in between the words that you have typed. So I think you should go in mouse properties and try disabling or hide pointer while typing. I think this will help. And also try to change ultranav sensitivity. And see if it solves the problem or not. I think this will help you and if not reply back.

I have disabled mouse pointer while typing as default. And it does not seem to help me. And the problem is I am not able to install ultranav and I cannot launch it also as it says not installed, but in add and remove program it shows that it is installed. If it is installed already then why I can’t launch it and why it shows not installed. And it is not allowing me to install it also. I not able to understand what is actually happening.

why don’t you try and check in mouse properties and check the version. Does it show the version is something like this 15.3.2.0? You can find this in mouse properties, in hardware tab. There you can see mice you are using. You double click on ultranav and then go on driver tab and then check the version. Make a check and tell me its version is 15.3.2.0? After that probably I may help you. Reply back when you complete checking this.

As you said, I went in mouse properties, hardware tab. Then I clicked on ultranav and then on driver tab. I found that I have two mice. But there I found a strange thing. Both the mouse I found has unknown date and version. Now what should I do? Should I have to uninstall and reinstall the current touchpad driver? Actually I don’t want to do that. I think it will be risky. Please suggest if there is any other way.