Thread: DisplayPort on Lenovo Thinkpad L520

DisplayPort on Lenovo Thinkpad L520

For now I have Lenovo Thinkpad L520 and there is something lacking in it. Now my question is that is it probable to make use of audio output by the use of DP on present models (particularly L520 through Mobile HM65 Express)? There were problems in earlier period, and this is a total showstopper, seeing as there is no possible hdmi port obtainable. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Re: DisplayPort on Lenovo Thinkpad L520

What do you mean by old models? I have the L412 and send via the DP video and audio to my Panasonic plasma. You have to make sure that the DP-> HDMI adapter to transmit audio and video. In connection with the Thinkpads is often recommended I bought it and the work right away. DP -.> HDMI with audio and video also KO criteria for me was then a few belongings searched thinkpad forum and it seems to work with the nvidia graphics on T410 without any problems. It seems to be the Intel graphics chip entrains not the sound, the NVIDIA or ATI solutions already.

DP and hdmi electrically connected to the same contacts, and recognize the chip is supposed to, whether or hdmi DP are connected. Was with nV cards so long been able to use a simple DVI / hdmi cable if the corresponding S / P-DIF connector was. Since the 40nm GeForce 2xxer series is the sound device in the graphics chip, so really ought to be present on the T410 in Device Manager under Sound video and game controllers some NVIDIA High Definition audio outputs, you could even look up if that will really work.

If one image + sound from the DisplayPort adapter via a HDMI port, sends only be on my T500 image data transfer - according to Lenovo, this problem should not Seen? Until now I could not find a solution - can - even if it is to be effective due to lack of license fees and higher standard resolutions do not recommend buying a notebook supports DisplayPort - niche one experiences the same convenience as with HDMI.

Just looking what DisplayPort is actually and what does not. Here I am then came across your post. As is officially confirmed by Lenovo, DisplayPort that due to limitations in the chipset no audio transfers and that will remain forever so with the T500. Only in later with a different chipset laptops there will be audio via DisplayPort. This is but as I said the chipset and not to Lenovo, so even when other manufacturers can transfer the DisplayPorts no audio.

I just got my T510 today and happy to report the DisplayPort on the T520 with the Nvidia carries both audio and video by the use of a DisplayPort to HDMI converter. When you plugin in a DisplayPort cable / converter into the display port, you will observe a novel playback device call NVidia HD audio Which will permit you to output audio over.

Modern AV Receiver for use HDMI or the optical input (Toslink) digital transmission.. As far as I know RCA per channel needed a plug. The whole "running off in analog." Basically these are the three common ways to channel sound 5.1 sounds. An adapter by DisplayPort => HDMI to RCA is complicated Maybe that's easier on the optical, but I notice there is not much of one. The DP output itself can transmit audio, only the DP cable unless I know. So you can with a DP to HDMI cables transmit / + adapter audio in 5.1. Thus it takes however written as one of the AVR has an HDMI input....