Thread: Does Lenovo ThinkPad X220 supports SDXC card ?

Does Lenovo ThinkPad X220 supports SDXC card ?

Hi, I am planning to have Lenovo ThinkPad X220 but as per the specification I have read from the website I am not able to figure out whether the device supports SDXC cards or not? Because as we Concern the internal memory which is quite lesser than what we expect from the device. So I was planning to have this card as well. And if suppose not SDXC so which one? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Does Lenovo ThinkPad X220 supports SDXC card ?

See I am not sure about the SDXC cards but still I can say that you can make use of the SD card also. And according to the specification you can insert 32GB of memory card in the tablet for sure. And that is surely you can insert in the tablet, but if suppose you want to know about the SDXC cad you can have option to contact the service center as well, I mean to say from there you’ll get the surest information about the card support.

I am would say I think you are not aware as the tablet PC has 320 GB - Serial ATA-300 - 7200 rpm HDD which is quiet enough, and if suppose you are willing to expand the storage you can have option as to use the card reader, and as the extent to I know you can make use of card reader which has a ability to support each kind of cards, it has ability to support 8 different kinds of cards.

You can have another option as well which is meaningful rather worth, as already you care planning to have a card, you should get the portable HDD for your tablet PC, because having such a card doesn’t make any sense if you want to use it with the tablet PC, we should prefer the card when it concern to the tablet or any other similar devices. So according to me you should get HDD only rather than the SDXC card even.

I am completely agree with the above user as you should get the HDD only rather than the card, but obviously it is depends on you, so I would like to suggest you the name of the supported cards with this tablet PC, you can have SDXC Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SD Memory Card, MultiMediaCard. They all are different In their functioning, transfer speed at many more things.