Thread: Does the claim warranty recover loose hinge on Lenovo thinkpad t61 ?

Does the claim warranty recover loose hinge on Lenovo thinkpad t61 ?

I am using the model as mentioned in the title since last few years but still the warranty period is remaining, so my question is like as the model is too older the hinges are actually became looser and because of that only I am not able to open it and keep it stable. So I am planning to claim a warranty but still I am not sure whether the support team will recover this part of the laptop or not, so is there anyone having idea about this, any recommendation would be surely appreciated.

re: Does the claim warranty recover loose hinge on Lenovo thinkpad t61 ?

I am not sure about the hardware parts as it may be recover or may not be, but still purchasing it from outside doesn’t make any sense if you don’t even try at least once to contact the service center, and let me tell you first of all as there are certain terms and conditions that we need to follow, rather I would say according to that only we can claim warranty. So my recommendation is to try for sure.

Well, I was also having the same problem with the laptop and when I contacted them I was once told that Lenovo don't recover hinge problem by the Lenovo service workers, but then on my next effort and through some compulsion they said yes. Because as far as I know loose-fitting hinge is within the usual repair constraint, so it can be recovered for sure. In fact I have heard that a lot of public in the USA have the hinge dilemma fixed beneath warranty.

I was also having the same problem and I stayed in Poland and when I contacted the service center they just changed the hinged without any cost, so better I would like to suggest you that you should try to contact them as soon as possible and then see what they are saying, if they are not able to give you the warranty still you should buy the part from there only, because the surest thing is like you’ll get very good part from there.

If you are very much aware about the hardware design you can have option to tighten the hinges of the laptop on your own, and as far as warranty is concern let me tell you that you’ll get the solution for sure but if suppose they are been loosed because of your mistake I mean to say because of the physical damage then you’d not get anything. And at that moment you have to purchase the new hinges.

The surest thing is like they are been loosed by default, I haven’t done anything with the laptop, in fact I have never opened a case even, but if suppose I have to buy a hinges from there so which one would be the best option, though I know you all have suggested to buy from there only, but still I would like to ask why from there only, because I have vary the difference between the price, and it’s too different. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

Re: Does the claim warranty recover loose hinge on Lenovo thinkpad t61 ?

Yeah you are right as the hinges that you’ll get from the outside is quite cheaper than the service centers product, but still my recommendation is also the same as you should get It from the service center only, because the major reason behind this is like you’ll get the original product from there, and off course though for a certain time you’ll get the warranty for sure, that you’ll not get if you purchase it from the outside, and why the product is costly in the service center because they have included the service charges as well.