Thread: unable to access safe mode in Lenovo T61P

unable to access safe mode in Lenovo T61P

I have purchased a new Lenovo T61P with XP pro. The working of the device is fine till last week. But when I try to surf on the Facebook then the problem gets started. Actually the problem is that when I am trying to boot my system then the system works up to login screen normally but after that it displays the Blue screen. I can’t get anything. What is the problem? Then I tried to boot my system in safe mode but nothing works, the problem remains same. I think the reason behind that is virus from the internet but I am not sure about that. I know that I have the choice of recovery disk, but for that I need to format my partition but that I don’t want. I want to use the Safe mode for boot. Can anyone give me some solution to solve this problem? Please help me.

re: unable to access safe mode in Lenovo T61P

I can give you some advice to solve your problem. This method may or may not work on your system I am not sure about that. First you have to get safe mode F8 and recovery mode with F11 button by pressing these keys from the keyboard you can enter into that. When the environment is running in pre desktop phase then you will get the Antivirus option to run. Or that can be the vista version also. Then you need to run the Antivirus system. After that you can try to start the windows. I hope this will give you some solution.

I read your problem and I come to know that you have problem with the software. I think if you want to boot the system in the safe mode then you have some different ways may that will solve your problem. Here I am giving you one of them. You can try to press the power button just before it starts. By doing that the system will shuts down. And then after when you will try to reboot you will automatically reach in the safe mode. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this can give you some better experience to solve your problem. Thank you

According to your description you have windows XP pro CD (as you mentioned in the problem). Then you need to do the automated recovery. This may solve your problem. Actually you said that you have XP pro CD and not the IBM recovery CD. Here I am giving you an advice that you should press the F8 key half a second after the IBM logo that can transfer you to the true safe mode. And don’t try to press it during the log is on the screen. I think in this way you can get the entry through the safe mode. I wish you to solve your problem soon.

You can try to boot into Safe Mode from MsConfig by following method. Start msconfig Click on "BOOT.INI"Choose the option "/SAFEBOOT" Click "OK". By the use of this you can boot into safe mode. If you want to go to normal mode then you need the same procedure but choose the option to “UNSAFE MODE”.I can give you some reasons why this type of problem found in the system. There are actually three different reasons which are as follows. First one is the your is not entering in the safe mode properly. Then other one is your windows operating system may be badly corrupted. And it can’t load into the safe mode. The third and the last reason is you may get the hardware issue. I think this will give you some better idea to solve your problem. I hope this will help you more.

I think your windows operating system may get corrupted badly due to virus infect. You should have to use the recovery boot option. But before that you need to install the good antivirus software for your system. By the use of that you can solve your issue if the problem is not much serious. By antivirus you can detect which file on your system gets corrupted and then you can remove or replace that file easily. But sometimes this unable to work for you then you need to try format the partition. I think this is the better advice from me for your problem.

Re: unable to access safe mode in Lenovo T61P

According to me you have face the problem of virus infection only. Therefore you have to try some antivirus software to solve this kind of issue. But I unable to get that why you want to boot the system in safe mode. You can try that also in the normal mode also. So first try to do that. If there you get the problem then you have to move towards the safe mode. This is my opinion. I don’t have the exact solution for your problem. Hope this can solve your problem. Thank you.