Thread: Deactivate the back function from keyboard in Lenovo laptop

Deactivate the back function from keyboard in Lenovo laptop

I have purchased the new Lenovo T61 laptop for my office work. I don’t have any problem with the performance of this device till last week but after that I faced some serious problem with the functionality of my laptop. Here I give the whole description. When I try to type an email in that case if I want to erase or edit something in that line I press the back button on my keyboard which is at the right bottom of my laptop keyboard. You can say the back arrow key. but the main problem is I cannot edit anything because when I hit that button the browser goes one screen back. That’s why I can’t edit my email perfectly. I want some solution to deactivate this function of my keyboard key. Is there anyone who knows the proper solution for this problem? Please help me out.

Re: Deactivate the back function from keyboard in Lenovo laptop

Hi. I can give you some solution to solve your problem. You can try to disable the function of particular key by going into Thinkvantage keyboard customizer. This can give you better option to solve the things. The reason behind it is by this technique your muscle memory will kick in and you can get the access to it. Actually the Lenovo thinkpad are not so faint for the use as per my consideration. So you can check it out for another one. This is the better option for you.

I don’t have proper idea about thinkpads but I can give you some advice. You can worked out with that in different manner. There is Thinkvantage keyboard customiser application is available on the web which is very useful in this kind of issues. So you can install that application on your system. By the use of this application you can disable the functionality of a particular key on your keyboard. After that you can uninstall the software it doesn’t matter so much. Though this is only depends on you that whether you want to application for working or you just want to work by pressing the keys on the keyboard.

This is the most widely found problem in the Lenovo thinkpad user. But this problem can be easily solved by the use of some methods. Here I a giving you simplest method for solving this problem. Yo can try to use the BACKSPACE key which is located in the right side of the keyboard of the Lenovo thinkpad. By the use of this you can delete one character at a time. This will provide you better efficiency. Make the habit of this during the typing. This is the simplest method as I say because there is no any issue to download, repair etc. I hope this may help you to solve your problem.

If you want to use the Thinkvantage keyboard customizer application then you need to have some information about the installation and using techniques of it. I can give you some better suggestions for that. First you need to know where you get this application. I suggest you to go on to the IBM[‘s website where you can get better supportive option for that application so you can use that. When you download the application file in your device then extract it and install the setup. After that you have to go to the Start menu if you want to disable the particular key. Then go to thinkvantage . in that youneed to go in “”Keyboard Customiser UtilityKey sensitivity tab. then you can uncheck the browser keys. This will give you some help.

I can understand your difficulty. But this is really not a problem because there are so many users who like this back and forward button for browsing or email function. The Lenovo itself developed that function for the thinkpad. You cant say that, this is a problem that causing for erase the email. This is the creative function give by Lenovo to their users. I also use the same thinkpad and I really enjoy this back and forward function of keyboard rather than mouse. The thinkpads are designed in this way so the users can easily surf. This is my personal opinion. But other people have their own strategies to work with the thinkpad.

I think mostly seen problem in the Lenovo users. This is not a problem actually, you can get rid of that. Here I am giving you some solutions. You can use the Thinkvantage keyboard customizer software or you can also change you habit of using that button for the required functionality. This is the most convenient for you. You can also use the mouse for some purpose this will also help you. I hope this will give you some idea to solve your problem. Thank you.