Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad L520 sleeping randomly

Lenovo ThinkPad L520 sleeping randomly

I have purchased the new Lenovo ThinkPad L520 and under that I have installed the windows XP operating system. I have updated the windows and installed the new and latest Power Management but after that also when I open the any program mine system will sleep randomly. I have gone through more and more solution to get rides the issue but nothing helped me. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad L520 sleeping randomly

In my opinion the problem is with the operating system installed on the laptop. If the operating system files missing from the computer, the laptop does not work correctly. Insert the OS installation on your computer and boot from the disk. Let the installer to load and provide installation options. Select the option to repair installation or install a fresh copy of Windows on your system. Let the entire procedure. Once the procedure is complete, check the performance of the laptop.

As the laptop is acting strangely, I would suggest that you get a full system scan for any virus infection. If any system files are infected with a virus, some features may not work correctly. Visit mcaffee.com and perform an online full scan. Repair or quarantine the infected files and then check the performance of the computer. Do not delete any file that is infected, can lead to system failure

Have you checked the power management settings of the computer? The Windows operating system has some power management options that when you change can create problems which are similar to those they face. To check the power management settings in Windows, click the Start menu and open the control panel. Click the power management settings and check all the parameters. Change any other settings if necessary and save. After changing the power management settings, check the performance of the computer.

It is possible that the laptop is overheated due and therefore is in sleep mode. If the temperature of the CPU and GPU of the computer increases above the threshold, the laptop goes into sleep mode to lower the temperature. Therefore, check whether the laptop fan is working properly or not as the temperature of the laptop is increasing beyond the threshold.

Uninstall the Power Management and after that install it again from the official website of Lenovo. Go to the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the add/remove program and under that locate to the Power Management software and after that delete the Power Management software and after that reboot system. Now once you done and after that go to the Lenovo official website and after that install the Power Management software.

The primary method to system restores and after that you’re able to solve the issue. To make system restore you need to get through the following steps: first make click on the start icon and after that click on the search. Now on the search program type system restore and after that click on the ok button. now on the result make double click on the system restore application and after that make click on the different restore point on the system restore application and then click the on the next button. Now here enter the date before missed the file and after that make system restore.