Thread: Unresponsive remote thumb sensor of Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box

Unresponsive remote thumb sensor of Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box

Right now I am getting much struggle with the Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box’s remote optical thumb sensor. Most of the moment it is almost unresponsive. To shift the cursor an inch on top of the display gets 10-12 swipes. I have attuned each and every one of the settings intended for sensitivity to no advantage. The whole thing besides on the remote is very responsive, except the mouse. Technical supporter told me about the latest firmware, resynce remote, and full reset of the device except not any of this helped. Does anybody else experience this thing?

Re: Unresponsive remote thumb sensor of Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box

I have a Samsung B360 Unity Media and Digi-receiver. This can be said about the set-top box controller to control problems. The only drawback is that the EPG its data from a host channel (Unity Media) will download. This requires the set-top box switched to this channel, the controller makes the Sony. Too bad if you look a different digital program, but does not absorb. Sony thinks that he can easily switch to the host channel and you suddenly see a different program. I was so annoyed that, that I have the EPG of the Sony back off. Unity Media Receiver has something, too, and I also watch TV in the magazine.

The controller seems to be the weak side of the system: rich and complex, provides cursor navigation and a QWERTY keyboard, thus concentrating on a small handheld console all you need to launch applications, surf the net and have a full experience with The counterpart to the Google TV controller, Logitech, however, seems more ergonomic and pleasant. The choice of a hypothetical buyer must now be based around the desire or not to have a Blu Ray to the additional cost of $ 100, if this aspect is not important, but the Logitech hardware is more interesting and convenient.

The Sony does not have a digital tuner, so he can do with digital signals anything, so I have to switch the tuner on the Sony comes to AV and digital channels can thus, the analog signal from him, in probably record a better quality than the purely analog Antenna. Should be included with the Sony but a so-called set-top box controller, a small little device that I stick to my cable box and connect to the Sony via a mini-RCA. I asked for Sony, the benefits of this controller on my "digital cable box" bring. I used the word "digital" extra prominently!

There are all components of the Logitech, with the same hardware architecture centered on an Atom processor. By cons and this is all the difference, Sony played the card of convergence? Thus, the set-top box contains a Blu-ray. Interesting for those who wish to equip themselves accordingly, but much less for users who already have such a reader.

The combination of Sony's hardware and engineering expertise and understanding of Google's open software provides a unique user experience, merging multiple content sources into one easy-to-use interface. From broadcast to streaming video from the Internet, Sony offers the ability to internet TV quickly search and watch content from wherever, whenever. So by looking at your issue it seems to me that issue is about the Firmware itself. You should find one.