Thread: Map Windows Network Shares to Acer Iconia A500 Tab

Map Windows Network Shares to Acer Iconia A500 Tab

I hope that most of you tech pros might be aware about the network shares in windows and its features. It is a very useful feature we can get from Windows operating system. Yesterday I have got this new tab and I would like to Map Windows Network Shares to Acer Iconia A500 Tab. Do you think that it is possible in this tab? Do the android 3.1 allow me to do this or is there any application on Android market which will offer this feature? Please help me out.

Re: Map Windows Network Shares to Acer Iconia A500 Tab

I don’t know about Acer tab but I own Xoom. In my case, I determined to Root mine, plus I didn't feel sorry it. I root it to be capable to play videos on top of my Xoom straightforwardly from my NAS / Snapstreem system. Devoid of rooting, I had no option to make use of ES File Explorer, look through to the distribute, copy / paste toward the Xoom and play videos behind. Through a rooted Xoom, you can make use of cifsManager and swell share drive straightforwardly to your Xoom. Furthermore you encompass the SDCard up plus running.

If you are a device geek at spirit and care for to carry out whatever thing that includes distantly accessing your gadget from wherever, present SwiFTP FTP Server a try. It is a at no cost open source Android application that allows you distantly connect to your device in excess of WiFi / 3G to upload as well as download content. This Android app converts your device into an FTP server which is available by a single FTP IP made by the application.

Everything we need is a wifi network (both are very common now that managers give for broadband routers supplied by the wireless link that also act as access points, allowing us to talk to each computer connected to the same DSL, the same way as a physical network cable) to a network disk or a computer with the shared folder (we'll see then how to set these folders). As a downloadable application Andsmb of Lysesoft, I recommend the free version (which also does not even advertising).

Thanks for tethering example, even WLAN iPads (iPads without SIM card) and go from anywhere on the Internet. A wireless device is sufficient. The basic principle is simple: The Android mobile phone is based on the mobile phone network to the Internet. Simultaneously, the Android mobile phone acts as a wireless hotspot - so as an access point for all the nearby wireless devices. This can connect to the hotspot and go about Android on the Internet or may access network shares. Google has the tethering feature into the Android operating system packed.

Es file manager file manager HLHD works fine in support of me. Furthermore able to access straight toward my windows web hosting server like mapped drive. Except barely works inside that application. Hope it was made into extended click menues. However we don't obtain the whole thing we wish for. On the other hand the LogMeIn Ignition allows you access your home PC remotely from anyplace. You must have internet connection both side.