Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 cannot detect headphone

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 cannot detect headphone

I have some problem with the headphone. Actually My Lenovo ThinkPad X220 is not able to detect the headphones correctly. My audio mixer shows that the device is attached as speakers. This was working well earlier but from last one week I am not getting this to work. If someone of you can help me to get this solved then please let me know that. I will glad to all the replies on this. I am having Windows 7 installed on this.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 cannot detect headphone

There is one way by which this problem can be resolved. So, just go to the control panel and there you will see the icon for the Smart Audio. Click on that icon and that will open the Smart Audio panel. Now click the Audio Director from the available icons on the bottom. You will get two options after that and that are Classic & Multi-Stream. You will have to select the Multi-Stream and after that it will recognize that. Good Luck!!!

Because you're using headphones with a standard audio input! So they come purely for the PC to the audio output to headphones or USB port? If they have usb connection then click Control Panel -> set audio playback with sound and then the other -> Sounds / Audio Devices. If there is nothing you have to still install drivers, but all depends on the brand and so on it. If you makes also use normal headphones with a standard audio cable and it comes from nothing then would be something wrong with the sound card because usually it always switches to immediately.

There seems to be a problem with the sound driver that allows the headphones are detected in the system. This is just a simple problem, install the sound driver with the system and if you do not search on the Internet according to the company and version and download it. After installing the driver and restart your computer and you get your music on the phone with the head.