Thread: best custom Rom for Iconia A500

best custom Rom for Iconia A500

I am about to have my new Iconia A500 Tab may be in two days. I want to know which custom rom should I go for my Iconia A500 Tab. I use heavy wifi and I would be using my Tab for browsing, social RDP and advanced experimenting. I want to which one will suit my expectations and would be stable. Well let me mention that I am not a stranger to custom roms and I have quite technical knowledge about roms. So using won’t be big issue for me.

Re: best custom Rom for Iconia A500

I would recommend you to go for the honeyvillain 3.1. It is very fast and it is also very stable as you want. You will be able to browse, social RDP, and experiment. Well I use opera web browser instead stock one because I think it is more is more powerful and useful. With virtousxoom, i cannot connect any usb HD. Well for more information you should visit official websites and start googling. You will many searches on google.

As for my experience I would say for virtous Picasso. It is based on Android 3.1 honeycomb. It uses the stock kernel and is the best custom ROM for Acer Iconia A500 tablet so far. I can’t say much about honeyvillian 3.1. Download virtous Picasso Rom to the computer. You can download from the internet. It is easily available. Just check your configuration and compatibility issues

Try going for Virtuous Galaxy v1.03 ROM for Acer Iconia Tab A500 as it is enhanced with many features like Multilanguage, Ultra Fast, Asus weather widget, 3D Photo Browser, Photo Editor and many more. Download the zip and flash it using CLockworkMod Recovery (v1.3.4). For more details kindly search more on the google. You can also ask any hardware person to guide you for the same. You can download the zip file which has a size of around 347.62 MB. Hope this helps.

Well I have tried virtous Picasso for the A500 Tab. It was good but sometimes iconia doesn't wake up from standby. I need to force reboot my tablet using reset button. It is slow and I didn’t personally like it that much. You can go for eyecandy and video with Virtuous Galaxy. These are very good roms with really no battery drain. You can find the ways from where and how you can get them from the internet

Virtuous Thrive is what I have and I like. It is based on Toshiba Thrive OTA 01.5.0022. It suits your needs properly. Virtuous Thrive is just has awesome SRS post processing & Equalizer, Multi languages and it is ultra fast. There are many more features. You can also see honeyvillain 3.1. i also like the galaxy but it is hard on the juice a lot of needless applications seem to run in the background (mdj!) but it just is so smooth no browser screen ripping and it’s the fastest so far according to many.

I have used the Virtuous Xoom and I am currently on the Virtuous Thrive. Both are really great ROMs.But I am for the Thrive. The Xoom ROM was better for accessing the internal and external memory through the computer and the Thrive only lets me access the internal memory through the computer. I think for me the Thrive is more stable. They both are stable but I had a few lock ups with the Xoom. You should try xoom or thrive.