Thread: unable to Install Update 4.010.13 in Acer laptop

unable to Install Update 4.010.13 in Acer laptop

I have purchased the Acer laptop six months ago. The performance of this device is very good. I don’t have doubt about the working of this device. I like its model and design as well as system. So that’s why I was purchased this device. The actual problem is that I cant install the new update 4.010.13 on my device. In fact I am trying to upgrade my pc to the latest firmware but when I am try to download update its not working. I download this update and when try to install iy by booting the system then the operation fails. I cant understand the reason of this issue. Can anyone give me some suggestion to get rid of this problem. Please help me out.

Re: unable to Install Update 4.010.13 in Acer laptop

I read your problem and I come to know that you have the installation problem in your system. I cant give you a proper solution because you didn’t give the enough information about your system to solve this problem. But I can give you some general information to solve this type of questions. First check out that whether you downloaded the update form Acer authenticated site or not. If not you should go to the Acer authenticated site and from there you can get the proper update. Then you have to decrypt the update the first. This type of problem may also depend on the country where you buy the device or you stay. I think this will give you some idea to get rid of the problem. I hope you get some help from this. Thank you.

According to your question I want to tell you that you have not a big issue because this is commonly occurred problem in this field. I can give you some tricks to solve your problem. First you have to download the update form some authenticated site. Then try to decrypt it with the acer update decrypter. this can get you on the web easily. Then you should extract the files form the downloaded file. This process will keep on going until you get the update.zip file. Then you can put this file on the root of your ext SDcard. Then you have to put the the micro sd card back into the device. And then restart the tablet. You can do the factory recovery by holding the vol-and power button at a time. Remember while doing that you have to back up the things first. I hope this will provide you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.

You have the same problem that I had faced some time before. So that’s why I am giving you some solution to you. Here I am giving you some tricks to solve this kind of problem. First you have to try going straight to the 4.010.11 update. You can use the decrypt program to decrypt your files. Then you have to put the correct output file then you can extract that to get "update.zip" then you should put the ext micro sd card directly on the another folder. I think this will give you some help to solve your problem.

I don’t have the perfect solution for you but I can give you some reasons that causes this kind of problem. There are three reasons I know which are as follow: (1) The Windows Update Temporary folder gets corrupted. (2) The Windows Update Agent 3.0 is not installed in well manner. (3) The Windows Installer 3.1 gets corrupted. I think from this reason you can protect your device from this instructions. I hope this will give you some solutions.

I am also user of same device. So that I can recommend you some methods to recover your problem. First Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Then you will see the small window gets open .in that window you have to type {“Net stop WuAuServ” then Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter. Then try to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to Sdold.. then Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window “Net start WuAuServ “. By using this trick you can Clean up Windows Update temporary folder. I think this might help you. Thank you.

You can try to reinstall the update by the following steps. First you have to download the updates from authenticated site. You can get that on various site. Then you have to Save the file to C: drive. Then after Click Start->Run, type: "C:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce" (without quotations) and then press Enter to install the new updates to your system. Hope this can solve your problem.