Thread: Update fails due to damage Maps.apk in Toshiba A500

Update fails due to damage Maps.apk in Toshiba A500

I have purchased the Toshiba A500 tab six months ago. I have no problem with its performance. I like its look and design that’s why I am purchased that. Its working is very fine. But I want to update the system that’s why I am trying to connect with the web. They show me the update is available for my pc. But when I am trying to update my system then the error found in that process. I am trying to download the updates of Toshiba_1.139.05_Com_Gen1. During the update process system gives the error of the file was missing or damaged. The log file in the system gives me the indication that the Maps.apk not correct. Can anyone have the solution for this problem. Please help me out.

Re: Update fails due to damage Maps.apk in Toshiba A500

I read your problem and I come to know that you have no hardware issue. Your problem is mainly related with the software issue. I can give you some information which can be useful to you for solving your problem. I think this can be a flaw in the update process. They give the authority to the Google map to update via market. After giving the permission to that process you will find that there is no longer existence of hash file. toshiba wants to use the original map.apk by user to get update files. So that you have to obtain the original maps.apk file that will come with the 1.016.05_COM_GEN1and should be replaced with the .apk and .odex (if matched) in the system. For that you have to use the mount the system in r/w mode if you want to go with root explorer etc. after this process you find that the updater should pass this problem. You can extract system images posted in the device for getting the .apk .i hope this will help you to solve your problem. Thank you.

I read your description and I think this is not a big issue to be concerned. You must have some particular problem with one of the device that you have. The problem of update can not be reasonable issue to reporting. You can use your device to that configuration without updating system. There is no need to update. You can choose some other files also for update rather than .apk and all that. They doesn’t matter. You can perform the tasks that you needed regularly without any difficulty. If you have some serious issue than that then you can try to exchange it. I hope this can give you some idea to solve your problem. May this worth for you. Thank you.

As per your description I come to know that you have problem of update. This is not a big problem because it’s a local issue. I have some information for you by the use of which you can try to solve your problem. Here I am giving you some information to you. The updates are incremental in nature which are designed to go from lower build to higher build or you can say newer build. I want to give you some suggestion you should not try to use the update that are available for a different build numbers. The toshiba always try to create a new build first then stagger the releases. I think this will give you better idea. I hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.

I read your problem and I come to know that you have a software update problem. I can understand the your problem because I was face same problem sometime before but that in different device. So here I am giving you some solution to you for solving your problem. You should try to reboot your system. This problem may occur due to corrupted application files in your system. That’s why you have to uninstall and then reinstall your all application in the system. Then try to reinstall the a stock ROM. This will cost you sometime because of this you can lose you some setting in the system. But don’t worry you can get your operating system back. And then you will see that the feature of updates will reappear again. I think this will give your better idea to solve your problem. Thank you.

According to your description I come to the conclusion that you can use the various option to solve your problem. I can give you some information to solve your problem. Here I am giving you some tips. You can use the wpa_supplicant files which are easily available on the web. You can try this to update your system these files are come with the extension. You can use those by removing the .zip before using it. Or you can remove the original and use these files to your tablet. I think this can give you better option to solve your problem. Thank you.

I think you have the same problem that was faced by me. I recommend you that you can replace your device if you have the warrantee on your device then you can try to find the gallery where you can replace the part of you system. I think you don’t need to update the system. Sometimes you can run all the applications that can be you want to run on higher specification. So you can use the older version to run the programs. This is the best option if you donot want to waste your money. You can also try to check out your firmware so by updating that you can try again for the OS update. I think this will give you better option to move on. I hope this may helpful to you top solve your problem. Thank you.