Thread: nokia E6 is good phone but lack of basic require function

nokia E6 is good phone but lack of basic require function

I have nokia E6 phone.i switch it with Nokia E5.actually I love the look and feel of the mobile that’s why I choose this mobile. But after that I realized that this mobile lost some basic functions which are normally seen in nokia phone. Some function like Bluetooth on/off and turning on silent profile are missing direct access And from software point of view the convertibility, stopwatch, timer are missing. There is not switch off the automatically scanning of WLAN.there is no function of the left and right key on home menu. I am not sure that the upgrading is my good decision or not.

Re: nokia E6 is good phone but lack of basic require function

I think you are not more familiar with your mobile because some issued are fixed by nokia. I know that some basic function are missing but according to me as you mention that Bluetooth and Wifi problem I will give you some solution
    For Bluetooth On/off use the * button of keypad. Just to switch from general to silent profile use the button “#” just prees and hold that hold you will easily switch with each other. For WLAN just go to WLAN wizard there you can switch WLAN scan off”. I think your problem is solved.

According to me all basic function are there but I think you are not aware of this. You can turn on silent by hitting the on /off button or tapping the profile name you want.thereis also a shortcut for Bluetooth-just put the home screen shortcut, hold the keys ,you can also use OVi for faster switching. For WLAN Problem –you can just enable /disable the auto scanning WIFI form WLAN widget. You can also delete the wifi account from mobile. If you want application for facebook or twitter then nokia give its own application for this. So directly goto that application and insert username and password .and get full access of social networking site from mobile.

Thanks for replay. I really appreciate your knowledge. This all trick and shortcut are very helpful for me.i wonder that. If nokia having such application and shortcut in this model they should have to mention in user manual or in phone Guide .or in key pad with symbol. Thanks for giving such shortcut. But I am facing problem with social networking application. Its working but there is no FB chatting and as you mention I could not found OVI messenger. So I think I write they miss some important function in this model. If you have any suggestion on this then please reply me

I think in some areas you are right. There is no FB chatting in social networking application. If you are not getting OVI messenger then I suggest you “Nimbus from OVI store. It is third party software. From here you can get direct link to social sites including Facebook ,yahoo.it has built in VoIP /Sip dialer from where you can directly use the international calls in cheap cost by using UK network.