Thread: having weak battery life in nokia C6-01

having weak battery life in nokia C6-01

Recently I have purchased a nokia c6-01 phone for myself. Since that day I am continuously having the battery problem in that. I have noticed that the battery is giving life of only 5 hours. I don’t use it a lot but still it lasts only for 5 hours on the stand by. I have even updated the latest firmware in the phone but there’s no change in the battery life at all. What do I do? I am very much upset with my phone. Please give me some suggestions to overcome this problem.

Re: having weak battery life in nokia C6-01

Let me know what are the applications that you use on the phone usually? Also do you keep some applications on? An application that is running consumes lot of battery and affects the battery life off the phone. Even if you are not using the phone but still you have kept the applications on it still consumes battery. Make sure that you have no applications running. I hope this suggestion is helpful to you.

I think if you are using the 3g network mode then it could be the reason. Try to use GSM network mode and 3g mode when you need it only. It consumes a lot of battery in any phone. And always close applications after using them. This way you can have a better stand by time of the battery. Make sure that the Bluetooth option is switched in the phone.

I would ask you to check the condition of the battery. Hope you are having a genuine battery. If it isn’t genuine then replace the battery by moving to any mobile store nearby. If the phone is in the warranty period then may be it would be much better for you. Go to any nokia mobile store with your warranty card and give your phone to the nokia people. They will explain you everything and help you. You can get the phone replaced or just the battery.

Well you can install a task manager in your phone and kill all tasks, try to disable them from autorun. If you don’t know exactly about this then you can just visit any official site and learn about this. I am sure this will be a good option and your battery would work better after this. But remember that you do it properly as this method is a little tricky. Please let me know later whether it helped or no.

I think resetting the phone should work for you. Reset the phone by pressing *#7370# and password as 12345. After restarting the phone I think things must work better. And if the reset doesn’t fix the problem then your battery is faulty and needs replacement. I would ask you to take your phone from where you have bought it. Ask them to solve your problem.

You could remove the battery from your phone and exchange the battery with some one else’s nokia c6-01. Check out how the battery is working with that phone. If the problem persists then definitely there is some problem with the phone. Otherwise it could be the battery. I would ask you to make this thing clear. If it is the battery then replace it and if it is the phone then check out with the nokia service center.