Thread: How to get CIFS working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

How to get CIFS working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I was recently in search for some good network sharing protocol , but I could not get some as I have not been able to get this in my phone system so I then further extended my search and found out that this is was possible with the help of CIFS , so I just thought of trying that out , does someone else have tried this out if yes , then please let me know who that was possible and how to use that on the Samsung galaxy tab that I was using .

Re: How to get CIFS working on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I think that you are not aware of the complication that are involved in this module, this is not an module in which we need to click on install button but ,rather this one is more related to the coding aspects of the browser , so , I am suggesting that you are already aware of it , to use this on the Samsung galaxy tab you need to route this on your phone why using the pull me feature hat is based somewhere in the /proc/config.gz directory .

Try droid basement for Samsung galaxy tab and then download it and then unzip it , to the an specific folder s ,after that you just need to have adb shell mkdir file pointed to the /data/local/modules folder where as the adb shell chmod 755 and the adb push cifs.ko should also be pointed out to the same folder , so I don ‘t think that it would be an problem for you , to place this files to there respective folders .and then paste the adb shell chmod 644 and adb shell insmod in the /data/local/modules/cifs.ko module and check if that works for you .

Yes h dude that really works for me , but I think that you just forget to tell the user that he need to have an access to root and he must also have an unlocked boot loader , I would rather recommend you to have an a flash in the CWM and then move that same to the nvflash and the put back the stock recovery which would then help you to follow the above steps accurately , and well if you still don ‘t have an access to the unlocked boot loader then I you need to gain and access to it with force .

It think that above mention step as too heavy for an normal user to understand it , I mean an average user , like who has no previously knowledge about the operating system that you work on then it might be pretty very helpful for us to have an grip on the requirement that are stated above , I would rather try to get that working on an CIFS manager and then try to load the same on my pc via an application manager , well that was never tried by me , but I hope that works for you .

I have found an solution for this , a few days back I was also facing an same problem with this , but as I am not a computer nerd, I was not been able to fix this , but after searching over the internet for an long time I found out that it was actually possible to use this on the phone by the use of kernel from the per shoot and the CIFS manager so that it could work with this on the module very easily ,I am personally using this and it works for me .

I have used this here , I have used the customer kernel for this and this has solved me problem here , have used this and I have not been able to use this with other things I have not been able to install his be any other methods but I was the not been using this here , have been sousing they with other phones but an just not been able to us this in the kernel mode so please help me out .