Thread: Is Samsung Tab better or Toshiba Thrive better

Is Samsung Tab better or Toshiba Thrive better

Actually I am planning to buy Samsung Tab but I am a little confused. Previously I was going for Toshiba Thrive because it had more ports than Samsung Tab. But I like the screen, weight and viewing angles of Samsung Tab. I am totally confused between the two. I want to ask few questions:
    • Which has better screen?
    • Is there any connector in Samsung Tab to read the USB?
    • Is there any moisture issue in Samsung Tab?
    • Which one has a better battery life?
    Kindly suggest me on the above. As I want to purchase it as early as possible. Any suggestions and contributions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Is Samsung Tab better or Toshiba Thrive better

You may go for Samsung Tab as it is more vibrant and has very good looks. Well yes there is a USB/SD Reader for the Galaxy Tab. The 8GB variant of Toshiba thrive will cost you $429, and the 16GB variant will cost around $479 and 32GB variants will cost $579.Whereas Samsung Tab will cost you around 25000 Indian rupees. No doubt Samsung Tab has better battery life as compared to the Samsung Tab. I would recommend you to go for the Samsung Tab.

Toshiba Thrive tablet’s 10.1” display makes use of In Plane Switching IPS technology too. The problem is that the downside of IPS is that it requires not one but two transistors per pixel. The two transistors block transmission data that’s important for creating the image, so IPS displays require a brighter backlight, which uses more power. This is not in case of the Samsung Tab.

Well I have been using Samsung Tab for a while now and so I must say that even after surfing the web and reading on the Tab for about a day and a half with just 3G on, the battery is at about 20 percent. No doubt about its battery life. It’s just remarkable. The 1024 x 600-resolution LCD of Samsung Tab is stunning. Display is bright and the colors appears perfect in Samsung Tab. Samsung Tab is the phone for me. It has one of the best screens.

Well as I know battery of the Samsung tab takes a long time to charge does not have voice calling facility. For which it is sometimes cursed. Samsung tab contains a 40 pin port and it needs adaptors for USB. Therefore some users would like to search for those options which contain some better port. Toshiba thrive is one for me. You can also think about Asus eee. Toshiba thrive has a average battery life of 7 hours which is quite bad as compared to the Asus tab and Samsung Tab.

Well let me tell you one thing that Toshiba thrive Is lighter than the Samsung Tab in weight. But The Toshiba Thrive is a solid contender to the Android tablet throne, though I think it doesn’t quite make the cut with the same design standards as the Samsung Galaxy Tab. There is no sd card slot in the Samsung Tab. Whereas there is a sd card slot in the Toshiba Thrive.

Samsung tab has Android 3.1 Honeycomb OS and Toshiba thrive has Android 3.1 OS. Toshiba has 5 MP & 2 MP cameras and Samsung tab has 3MP and 2MP cameras. Samsung tab and Toshiba thrive have same CPU which is NVidia Tegra 2 Dual 1 GHz processor. Both of them have a same screen size. Well moisture issue would be less in Toshiba thrive as far as I think. Screen resolution of Toshiba thrive is 1280 x 800 HD resolution and Samsung tab’s is 1280×800 resolution. So if you make out screen wise Toshiba thrive is better. But overall I would suggest going for Samsung Tab because of its brand name.