Thread: Name camera with Portrait 50mm lens

Name camera with Portrait 50mm lens

Hi, I am a using a canon 550D and a 70-200 F4 L lens for capturing the images and videos as well, but the problem is like when I use 70mm lens on my cropped sensor I have to situate 2m away for a above gesture and a lot more for a full photograph. And this is quite annoying, and because of that only I have decided to have another camera which is of 50MM by default, and when I was searching the internet I came across too many other models and among them here are my options Canon f/1.8 or f/1.4 or f/1.2 L. so simply I hope you might have got what I want to ask. Which one is better off course.

Re: Name camera with Portrait 50mm lens

According to me you should get Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens, I am suggesting you this because I have the same product and from that I can capture very sharp images as inexpensively as Canon lenses get. And off course manufacturing excellence of the 50 f/1.8 is extremely contemptible and that’s as you might expected, isn’t it? About these lenses the main superiority is its sharpness. And let me tell you that merely five non-rounded opening blades are used in this lens.

As mentioned by the above user if you are looking for the lens which is actually cheaper then 1.8 would be best option because even if you buy Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens, you’ll not get the sharpness as you are expecting. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens generates the harshest haze and will provide you five surfaces to out of center points of light. And if suppose you don't like 5 surfaces you can attempt hearts.

If you are comparing the lenses from canon only you’ll not get that much difference in the quality, rather the difference would be in the sharpness only along with the some minor changes, and while concerning them only, as above user also suggested you. I also have the same opinion as them, but remaining two are quite costliest than the one we all have suggested. So I would say according to your convenience you can select any one of them.

I am also using the same, and the thing is like I have 1.4 as well but still I get best images with the 1.8 only with a least amount of center distance of 1.5' means .45m, together with this the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens produces a quite small native utmost enlargement of .15x. Adding extension tubes gets utmost enlargement to .39x and .68x for 12mm and 25mm tubes correspondingly. These numbers are essentially the similar for Canon's three non-macro 50mm lenses.

Thanks for the suggestion guys as it seems that all are with the same lenses, but still as I didn’t get the proper difference between them. but still after such a advice for this lenses made me buy this one only, but still what would be the best option for buying that, as shall I ordered it from the canon manufacturer or from the internet? I think there might be some price difference isn’t it?

Yeah off course you can have both the options, and ordering from the manufacturing company would the best option, as you may get discount as well. but let me tell you that if you are willing to spent some more money behind this, you can simply choose a lens form the Kodak as well they are good rather best than the canon. And if you ordered it from the internet you must have to pay some extra amount as some taxes.