Thread: Unable to shutdown Fujitsu Amilo mini UI3520

Unable to shutdown Fujitsu Amilo mini UI3520

I have an Amilo mini UI3520 and I am unable to switch it off through the O.S (Windows7) start menu. The only way to switch it off is to remove the battery also when you connect the power cable it boots on its own with me pressing no buttons. I searched on the net for this issue but to no avail, it’s pretty insane to remove the battery of your notebook every time you want to switch it on and back. Need Help!!

Re: Unable to shutdown Fujitsu Amilo mini UI3520

That’s a very interesting issue. I think maybe you need to close all the applications and programs before trying to click on the shut down button in the start menu, because sometimes when background applications are open system is unable to shutdown, for e.g. if you open a notepad write something in it & don’t save it and try to switch off your PC. It won’t allow you to shut down unless you save the data & close the notepad.

I think there is a problem with the operating system as you are unable to switch it off from the start menu. What you need to do is repair the operating system by inserting the O.S. CD, once you done that you will get an option to repair the operating system. This should solve your problem but in case if the issue still persists than I would suggest that you make a back up CD and do a complete reinstallation this must definitely sort things out.

Your issue could also be due to a virus. Virus like Trojan is also known to corrupt the operating system files. What you can do is run a virus scan to check if there is any virus or worms if yes than disinfect and then run CHKDSK scan check if you’re still not able to switch it off. I think with this you will be able to switch it off as windows O.S. has a tendency to repair itself over time. But in case even this does not wok then you finally need to reinstall your O.S.