Thread: cd/dvd driver disappeared from fujitsu siemens amilo li 1818

cd/dvd driver disappeared from fujitsu siemens amilo li 1818

Hi guys I am using Fujitsu Siemens Amilo li 1818 laptop in which I was using windows Vista operating system. I have recently formatted my laptop hard disk because it was affected y viruses and after formatting the hard drive I have reinstalled operating system in my laptop. Now after doing this my laptop started giving me some problems. Now in my computer I cannot see my DVD ROM drive. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: cd/dvd driver disappeared from fujitsu siemens amilo li 1818

As far as I know Fujitsu Siemens Amilo li 1818n laptop comes with high-quality Panasonic DVD/Blu-ray Writer. If you want to solve this issue then you have to visit the Official website of the Panasonic and after that you have search the drivers for the high-quality Panasonic DVD/Blu-ray Writer. Now after searching those drivers you have to download it in your laptop and after that install it. Now after installing it restart the laptop and after that insert any CD or DVD in your laptop and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after installing the drivers you will not get the same problem in your laptop.

I think you should try to solve this issue by detaching DVD Rom from your laptop and after attaching again. Sometimes due to connections issues our laptop cannot recognize some devices and that is why we have to connect it properly again to fix this kind of problems. I think you should also disconnect your DVD ROM from your laptop and after that connect it again and then check whet her your laptop is recognizing the DVD ROM or not?

I have one solution to solve this problem. If you have tried above solution but you are still facing the same problem after that also then you can try this solution. First you have to download the MicrosoFixit.dvd.Runl.exe from the internet. Now after downloading this you have to double click on this tool and after that it will fix all your DVD ROM related issue. Now after hat running that you have to restart the laptop and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not? Most of the times after running this tool all the DVD ROM related problem gets solved easily.

Yes I am totally agree with the above post because in my laptop my DVD drive was also disappeared and after thart I have tried solve that issue by installing the DVD Rom drivers in my laptop but after that also I was not getting any help in my laptop but after that I have downloaded MicrosoFixit.dvd.Runl.exe from HERE. Now after downloading this I run it in my laptop and then my DVD ROM appeared again after restarting the laptop. According to me your problem will get solved with help of this trick.

Thanks friends for giving me all the information and trying to help me. After reading your post I have downloaded the drivers from official website of Panasonic and after installing those drivers also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have also reconnected the DVD ROM in my laptop but that doesn’t make any difference with my laptop. Now after that I have run MicrosoFixit.dvd.Runl.exe in my laptop but after running that also my DVD ROM doest appeared. If anyone have any more solution regarding this then please let me know.

Well according to me you can solve this issue by making some changes In registry editor. First you have to click on the start menu and after that you have type regedit in start menu search box. Now after that you have to locate this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and after that in right pane you have to do right click on the UpperFilters and after that select delete option. Now after deleting that you have to restart the laptop and after that you will be able to use your CD/ DVD ROM properly.