Thread: Standby troubleshooting Elantech 8.0.7.0

Standby troubleshooting Elantech 8.0.7.0

My 1015PEM Elantech Drivers installed, which only had very limited options, far from offering a modern touchscreen. I installed the new version 8.0.7.0, which has some more options (such as zoom gestures), but the stupid mistake that these new options have been gone after Standy way, are still missing in the mouse configuration menu later - after the activation of the standby menu is similar to the old driver version. Nothings helped, just restart your system then you are back.

Re: Standby troubleshooting Elantech 8.0.7.0

Linux in universal gives far fewer options when it comes to the touchscreen. It is a challenge to even get a driver for the touchpad that allows Elantech turn the taps, for example. There is a module (now an option that can be activated when generating the kernel) that allows you to masquerade as if Elantech touchpad is a Synaptics pad. Then it can be controlled by editing / etc/X11/xorg.conf as usual.

Meanwhile I tried the latest driver’s synaptics in my 10 year old Samsung P10 and guess what, even though touchpads made before 2004 are not supposed to be multi-capable, almost all functions work fine. Two-finger scrolling, tap two fingers, three fingers Tap, chiral, displacement, etc. All I would like the Asus. I wonder if it would be possible to change the touchpad, take the Samsung and put it on the Asus, and vice versa. Or buy a new touchpad V7.4 as a replacement part and put it on the Asus.

In my search for a netbook that is like 1015PEM but with a fully compatible Synaptics touch screen, I found the Samsung N350. It also has a matte screen 1024x600px, Atom N550, DDR3 RAM, 250GB hard drive, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, etc with optional battery and put the running time equal to or even better. The only problem is price, with optional battery that costs at least 410 euro, Asus cost me 279.

I believe that silence in response to his message means that no one else is struggling with the same problem as you are. For my part, I am more annoyed by all the additional features subtle than anything else. I turn most of all it was, anyway. I hope you can find some solution to your concern. Well, I have a touchpad Elantech, I have a Synaptics, and it just seems that the Synaptics driver for Windows does not support it for licensing reasons. In their support forums I received a response from Synaptics, I guess this is the case of Asus and I make an update or something.

Asus Customer Support now clearly mentioned that not to give any support on the problem with the 8.0.7.0 drivers and Elan will not change anything about the Synaptics touchpad / drivers. The answer to all my questions is about the further improvement of Elan drivers Synaptics drivers or to work with him. Hope it also helps you to solve your query and fill the lack information that we won’t get further assistance.

I establish some information about something similar a few years ago Hewlett Packard. They sent some of their models with Synaptics touchpad multitouch capable, but had all the multitouch features disabled. Then, in 2010 published a Synaptics driver special ability to multi-touch enabled this, even all the older models. I hope that Asus will soon follow this example. Or maybe offer a suit Synaptics driver or software that works with all touch panels (including tanks), I read that would be "working on it" in their forums.