Thread: How to replace keyboard in Fujitsu LifeBook T4010

How to replace keyboard in Fujitsu LifeBook T4010

I am having the Fujitsu LifeBook T4010 and I am using this from many months. What I want to do is to replace the keyboard in that but am not able to find the way to do that. I have gone through the manuals of that but they have not mentioned anything about it so I am leaving this here so that somebody who knows how this can be done can instruct me for that. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: How to replace keyboard in Fujitsu LifeBook T4010

I would like to tell you that you are not getting the instructions in the manual because Fujitsu have not released the instruction for the disassembly. If you manage to do that anyhow then, you are going to lose the warranty for that. So, you can try to do that on your own risk because if something damaged in that then you will have to pay for that as it will not be covered under warranty.

This is correct that Fujitsu never provides the instructions to do that and because of that reason I never go for Fujitsu. There are other Laptop companies who are having very nice instruction about this. I think that Fujitsu should also provide these instructions. There may be other users like me who don’t prefer the Fujitsu just because of this reason. So if they provide instructions for that then it will increase the user count of Fujitsu.

I was also trying to do the same from last many days and now finally I managed to do that. I would like to tell you that there are many tricky things in this laptop. If ‘you see on the top of the keyboard then you will find that there is a bezel on that and this is the only thing that can be used to remove the keyboard. Just unlock that and you can remove the keyboard. You may find that there is one screw in the center that you will have to unscrew but in my case it was already removed.

If you are not sure about this then I never recommend you to do so. Just go to some computer repairing shop and ask them to replace the keyboard and all those stuffs that you wish to replace. They know the exact way that how this can be done as they are professionals. If you try to do this on your own then you might damage some other thing in that and that leads to some major problem.

The screws at the bottom of the laptop are only used to keep the palm rest. I realize that there is a hole below the bright circle, and directly beneath it is another hole that seems to be a fine screw there. So why think there may be a bolt circle below the shiny thing. But there is no way a screw can go from the bottom of the bezel palm rest, because I still cannot take the palm rest out yet. The bezel is harder than the laptop, the rest are little easier later.