Thread: BSOD on Esprimo V6535 with AHCI enabled

BSOD on Esprimo V6535 with AHCI enabled

I am having the Windows XP Professional installed on my ESPRIMO Mobile v6535 inside IDE Mode. Problem is that when I change the mode to AHCI from the IDE then it is showing me the blue screen and gets restarted after that. I cannot understand that how this problem can be resolved. I have tried through all the possible ways that I can do but that was not helpful. Please help me that how can this be solved.

Re: BSOD on Esprimo V6535 with AHCI enabled

This is seems to be problem with the driver. I think that the drivers are not compatible with the AHCI. So you will have to install the drivers for that. You might have the CD for that, so install it from there. If you don’t have the driver CD then, just google that on internet and download that. This is the first thing that you can try in this case and see if this helps you. If this does not help you then you can move on to some other possible solutions.

Many of the people install the Windows XP on the computer when the disk controller is in IDE mode after that you feel that you should change to the newer AHCI mode if you do that then you will surely get the BSOD and this is for the reason that the Windows requires disk driver to boot and as this is not available and cannot mount the system volume, you will get the blue screen. I hope that this will clear you that why you are getting the blue screen after switching to AHCI mode.

I have faced this problem earlier but managed to solve this issue. To get it solved, you will have to go to the "Have Disk" option in the computer management and after that choose the ICH-9M Drivers from there. After doing that, just reboot the system and switch to the AHCI mode from the BIOS. Once you do that then you will not get the problems like this. This is the best that I can recommend you. I hope it will be helpful to you.

Before switching to the AHCI mode from BIOS, you will have to confirm that you are halving proper driver installed for that. You will have to install the drivers manually to that. Because the most ordinary vendor intended for AHCI controllers is Intel so you will have to install the iaStor driver that is the generic driver designed for the current Intel SATA controllers. This is the only way by which this problem will be solved.

The fastest way to get the actual driver files is to download the plain ZIP package as of Intel’s website. You will need to have the iaStor.sys. Move that file to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. If you find that “Windows” is not where Windows is installed then change that with the correct folder name.