Thread: How can I enable SD/MMC device of Toshiba satellite A355-s6935 laptop?

How can I enable SD/MMC device of Toshiba satellite A355-s6935 laptop?

I have Satellite A355 –s6935 laptop, it is working fine but after august I have noticed some problem in laptop. When I boot my laptop I always used my SD/MMC card slot and it is also working fine ,but from month of February I have noticed that during hibernate and restart SD/MMC device is disappeared .I can only get back if I reboot the system in normal ways but from two weeks I cannot find this device slot. please forward me solution.

Re: How can I enable SD/MMC device of Toshiba satellite A355-s6935 laptop?

I think you should first re-install your Operating system. If you change your Operating system then first compare with your previous operating system. Install all drivers specially the MMC/SD supporting drivers properly .jmicorn makes number of device and device drivers now a days so.i suggest you to visit the manufacturer support web sites. There you can find number of drivers with respective different operating system.

I think there is no need of formatting or reinstallation of operating system many times our USP Port or SD/MMC slot will be disappeared so just check it on device manager. Just right click on your computer name and select the device manager and then go to root of the device manager and click on scan for any hardware changes you will see the changes and all devices under your system. if you not seen any changes or still your sd/MMC card slot is disappeared then uninstall driver of usp portal and reinstall again

SD/MMC device is under the usb portal just check drivers . After re installation of driver if you did not see any changes then it is problem with Operating system or BIOS or hardware. Just try windows 7 and download a folder of mother board chipset drivers. When my device is disappeared I disconnect the driver from motherboard and reconnect I don’t know but it works, if you have good skill regarding technical then only tries this trick

Thanks for giving me such nice support ,I try to install windows 7 and I successfully install windows 7 but when I trying to install driver for supporting windows 7 then I realized that Toshiba has had no update to any driver from year 2009.i seen that last update of Bios version 2.40 is available there so now I have to roll back or upgrade my Operating system update my Bios also but I doesn’t see any changes in it so now I decided to go service center thanks a lot