Thread: How to change default eco mode setting on Toshiba Satellite A665?

How to change default eco mode setting on Toshiba Satellite A665?

Hey, my father gave me Toshiba A665, on my birthday. I find that it is very handy to change the eco setting to save the energy, but it does not fit exactly to my need. So I want to change my eco default setting. When I changed that, my eco button still not supporting that setting. It is working on the default eco setting. I need help to change the default eco button setting, to fit according to my need. Help me, how can I change this?

Re: How to change default eco mode setting on Toshiba Satellite A665?

Well, the Eco button does a software-based switch through 5 power profiles, in the vista and window 7. Window XP does not support the eco button system, because it uses the power management which is very complicated. Still by pressing the button it produces some kind of notice. I will advice you to run a Linux program to switch the power mode on. If your eco button is not supporting your setting the hit the start button, select to search flash. it will provide you some setting to do with your eco button to support your setting.

I will suggest you to try this, If your eco button doesn’t support your setting, then click the 'Start' button and type the word eco button in the search field. In the programs that appear at the top, set for eco button, then again click on 'Start' and type in the word eco button in the search field. This time click on Settings for eco button, click 'Apply' and 'OK'. Then check the eco button again hat it is supporting your setting or not. You can adjust the setting as per your requirement.

If your eco button is not supporting your setting then go for the Toshiba utilities to solve your problem. Reboot and again do the setting for your requirement to the eco button to consume the energy. There are some utilities which are provided by Toshiba given as.
    • Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP)
    • Toshiba Eco Button Support Utility

The eco button is a device which acts as a strong visual reminder and prompts for you to save electricity each time you turn on your computer. The eco button is illuminated and top next to your keyboard. It connects to your computer via a USB cable. Each time you take a short or long break, a phone call, go for a meeting etc. you simply press the eco button and your computer is put into energy saving mode.
    Your Eco button is not working properly as per your setting. I make ensure that you are saving your setting. If still it is not working according to your setting then Toshiba utilities. It will help you to set the proper setting according to you.