Thread: help to find cmos battery in Toshiba satellite a215 s4757

help to find cmos battery in Toshiba satellite a215 s4757

I am using my notebook from last 5 years from that time I have never any issue with that but in last week my bios ask the password which I never define? i feel some problem in bios and now I am want to change my cmos battery, please help in this problem to find their position and how it will replace with newer cmos battery? Is cmos battery I can get because I am buying this laptop 5 years ago, give some advice in that also?

Re: help to find cmos battery in Toshiba satellite a215 s4757

In my Toshiba satellite a215 s4757. I found the only problem which is related to the bios password and I know only that it was stored on the cmos battery which is of coin size and store the some sufficient data like the system date and time setting and the password of bios setting which is the main entry from where we can startup our system. But when we not mention or give that password then also it show that time I feel it will have some problem

If the cmos is affected then it gives some signs as every time date and time is changed like that problems are seen first so you can understand that there is cmos issue and now you have to change the battery as soon as possible, then you can have good work on your pc. Cmos is not costly and it is easily available so you can buy and can replace it.

If the laptop coms battery is affected then it wants to open your laptop so you can first find and then replace the cmos battery with another one. Cmos usually not have enough space for store more data or any system related information and the problem is only that the laptop you cannot open laptop in home if you not have that skill or any technical advices able person at that place so you can take that risk done that replacement of cmos battery .