Thread: Cannot configure Windows Updates Toshiba Satellite L505

Cannot configure Windows Updates Toshiba Satellite L505

I am using the Toshiba Satellite L505. From last on week my computer started to download the updates when it is shutting down and when I turn on the computer again then it starts configuring those updates. I know that this is normal but this time the configuring of the downloaded update get hanged on 0% from a long time. After a long time, it shows me the message that says “Failure to configure windows updates. Reverting changes”. It happens each time I start it. Ca n somebody tell me any permanent cure for this issue that how it can be resolved.

Re: Cannot configure Windows Updates Toshiba Satellite L505

As you told that your laptop is having problem to install the Windows update and so using the Windows Update troubleshooter will solve the problem for you. It will ensure that your computer is connected with the internet and also verify that the network adapter and Windows Update are working well or not. So if you wish to give it a try then go to start and open the control panel. In the search box you will have to type troubleshooter and after that click on the Troubleshooting. Finally click on the Fix problems with Windows Update that is there below System and Security.

You can try this and see if that helps you or not. Just open the Start/Search box and type %temp% in that and press OK. As you press OK then it will open a folder that is having the temporary-files. Just delete all the files from there which are none of your use. After doing that, restart your system and see if this time the configuration of the downloaded updates are completed properly or not.

It is possible that the security software installed in your computer is not allowing the update to be done may be due to some security reason. I am just considering it as one of the possible reasons for this. So, if you still want to do the updates then disable the antivirus in your computer temporarily and after that configure the update. I think that this time the configuration of that will be done without any problem.

There are some of the windows updates that need to be installed in the safe mode. So you can start the computer in safe mode and see if those updates are getting configured or not. There are more chances that it will be installed in the safe mode. So do this and reply back that whether it was helpful to you or not so that we can give you some other way to accomplish this. Good Luck!!!

Yes, installing upgrades one around then is an exceptional strategy to disconnect which overhauls are coming up short. Some redesigns would require alternate redesigns to go before its institute, then again, for example SP1 established, actually make certain to verify the redesign that is posted doesn't reference an essential that isn't even now stacked on your framework.