Thread: How to replace Lenovo T60 screen?

How to replace Lenovo T60 screen?

I have the Lenovo T60, by some reasons its screen get cracked, now I want to replace It. I don’t have any knowledge about how to do this? I am trying to replace it by myself only, but I am getting confused because screen contains so many cables attached to it at the back side. I am able to attach the flat ribbon cable which is there at the back side of the screen. But at the bottom of the screen there is a rectangular box, I am getting confused with this rectangular box, I need suggestion over here. How can I replace the screen?

Re: How to replace Lenovo T60 screen?

If by some reason screen of your Lenovo t60 is fractured, then analysis is very easy. The first step will be to connect your T60 with any other monitor; to make sure that T60’s other components are working properly. Replacement of the Screen contains few steps. First examine the previous screen that it is fractured or not, and then go to buy the new screen for your Lenovo T60. By this you should get some information about your replacement screen. Open the screws very carefully, which are there at the bottom and up side of the screen. Take the screen out with awareness. Screen contains the ribbon flat cable which is connected with the main board, remove that cable from the Brocken screen. Attach the new screen at the place of the old screen. Connect the cable carefully. Then fit the screen with the help of the screws. During replacement of the old screen make sure that the system is not switched on.

Before replacement of the screen, make sure that your T6 is not switched on. Before removing the screen you have to separate the wires which are connected with the fractured screen. You need to open the screen by removing the screws. After that remove the video cable carefully, video cable is typically a flat wire which is connected with screen. Also make sure to remove the power supply cable from the screen attached between the screen and the main board. Installing the new screen to T60 is simple process. Connect the video cable with the new screen and power supply from the main board to the screen. Fix the screen by attaching the screws to the machine, and start the T60.

The first step to change the screen of the Lenovo T60 is to check the manufacturer model number which is there at the back side of the screen. This number will help to buy a original new screen for your Lenovo T60. Shut down the Laptop and wait for some time till the operating system gets shut down. Remove all the screws to unlock the screen for the T60. Remove the cables which are connected with the screen and the inverter. Put rotten the flat object which is there at the back side of the screen. Then pull the screen off from the laptop. Replace the new screen to the T60, attach the video cable to the new screen and fit the power supply also. Fit all the screws to the laptop. Power on your T60, and make sure that the screen is working properly.