Thread: Bricking Asus Eee pc

Bricking Asus Eee pc

I brick my Eee PC yesterday. It is a 901 with Windows XP pre loaded. When trying to install Meego .This is what happened: I equipped a USB stick to install. It connects to the PC and reboots, although I could not work. The screens go blank. I had an inaccuracy in preparing the USB stick, so I took the battery and USB out. I then tried opening the pc once more and equivalent blank screen, however the lights work .I tried several ways to get back up and I thought I did, but first, the PC made no sound (nothing) and then I tried some things and I have to make some noise again. I hear the fan! But I could not get into the BIOS or something like that .Really does not know what else to do.

Re: Bricking Asus Eee pc

Resetting the CMOS does not cancel the guarantee. First take away the battery and AC power and press the power button for 30 seconds to completely drain the system. Then turn around and at the bottom, unscrew the two screws holding the bottom panel in place. The screws do not come in this model, and then simply lift the panel off. 8GB SSD will see the secondary 70 mm card and RAM. Quite apart from the RAM by pressing the two springs holding it in place and will appear and can be removed.

Boot up and press three buttons at once. Keep them for a while. The thing is, you have to press approximately buttons within 2 seconds of ignition. There is a very small window of time available for the BIOS to detect the ctrl + f + home keystroke. Remain at it. Took over 15 attempts previous to the flash appear on the screen for me. I hope everyone doubts is cleared .if anyone have further query than please ask me here.

As I suggest above, the system can be knowledgeable in the actual hardware damage. It is uncertain that the installation of any operating system that the system of brick. Nevertheless, USB drives have been known to cause short circuits and overloads before and if I had the AC connected, then the system may have been beaten by a power surge. Unfortunately, without opening the case, there's not much you can do.

I was also facing that similar problem. I sent it back to Asus a few days after my last post (for people who would not notice, I had these problems for several months). I became a little while after that and was working again, I had no information about the difficulty, but I do not in actuality care. As soon as I got back I installed Ubuntu. I could make use of it for an hour or so and then identical difficulty! I was using normally and then the black screen and not anything when booting: HOME. Regrettably for now I have it too late for the warranty.

I was thinking about this too, and I'll probably give it a try. I'll call the store where I bought the computer and see what they say about it. The main problem is expected more than half a year before starting to worry about this team again. Do not know if it will matter. Even warranty past and do not take into account your fault if you are enthusiastic to compensate for the service should still be capable to fix it for you.