Thread: How to solder ac jack on asus eee 901 main board?

How to solder ac jack on asus eee 901 main board?

EEE901 accidentally dropped on the floor with the charging cable inserted - and unfortunately, fell on the cat. Now it’s glitch and have noticed they have a very destructive effect on the batteries .They vary very fast jumps. (I changed the charger only to isolate the problem to the Eee 901.)I’m obtainable to effort to create your mind up the difficulty of removing the Eee 901 and attempt toward solder the connector on the motherboard - so at the present I wonder if there’s something that be able to be useful to know.

re: How to solder ac jack on asus eee 901 main board?

1. Welder or welding station. I use WES51 Weller soldering station and for this work I set the temperature to 800-850 ° F.
    2. I use high-tech resin core solder with silver RadioShack with diameter 0.022 "(Catalog #: 64-013). I think the standard solder resin core will work fine.
    3. Desoldering pump for removing solder around component leads. I use EDSYN Soldapullt pump, model DS 017.
    4. 99% isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to dirt free the flow plate.
    5. A new DC power jack

The positive pin is not making good contact with the motherboard because the power of the laptop is short when I shift the power cord into the power jack. I m "going to desolder the power connector on the motherboard bottom, dirt free the contacts mutually the power connector and the motherboard and then soldered in place - this is the accurate technique to resolve the power difficulty. At the same time as heating one of the contacts, do again the identical steps for any power connector contacts in anticipation of he retires as solder as much as potential. Obtain the power connector and cautiously try to remove it from the motherboard.

I'm trying to substitute the connector on my Dell Vostro 1000 laptop. Connector has ten years and was dreadfully complicated to take away. I ended up using an SMD rework station to heat the pin sufficient to remove the cat and replace it with a new. I have replaced the AC outlets previous to the laptop effectively, however when I plugged this in which creaked a bit and afterward security on the stroke power brick. I took it apart and examination of bridges or abnormalities, I saw nothing however cracked and blow again. I unsolder and resoldered and again had the similar reply. I wondered if he had any advice. Is there any general mistakes that can give this responsibility.

I cannot in actuality help devoid of considering the laptop. It’s probable, is not connected inside the laptop case. You can attempt barebones systems move toward: remove the laptop completely and leave only three major components: motherboard, processor and memory. Attempt an external monitor. but the system boots, establish adding the pieces individually. If I had to take away the CPU during the disassembly process to ensure that the CPU is correctly installed and locked into the socket.

I’m going to try on Monday at work. It is unfortunate that the external connectors are soldered directly to the motherboard, which should be on a small table that is connected by wires to the motherboard. Thus if the connector is exposed to excessive force, motherboard real safe. The worst that can happen is that the connector and the base will break and disconnect the cable from the motherboard - but the board will remain intact.