Thread: How to setup wifi on Eee Xubuntu 9.04?

How to setup wifi on Eee Xubuntu 9.04?

I just created a 16G SD card Live EeeXubuntu 9.04 and I was able to boot from the SD card. I connected to the Internet with a cable connection, but I see no WiFi. I ran ifconfig RA0 and have: SIOCSIFFLAGS: authorization deprived of. I distinguish in Applications / System Install the driver is a wireless LAN I conjecture I have to do. However, before doing so I wonder if this would affect the installation of Xandros. I have the intention to maintain and use Xandros EeeXubuntu my SD card, at least for a despite the fact that I do not want anything to put at risk my Xandros configuration at this occasion. Is it protected to install this driver for wireless LAN?

Re: How to setup wifi on Eee Xubuntu 9.04?

You may find it easier to use a newer version of Xubuntu. Ubuntu 10.04 works out of the box on 901 for my wife, so I do not see why Xubuntu 10.04 you should not have used the ratio was 9.04 yours. The for the reason that that was the latest EeeXubuntu I've seen. From what I gathered at the same time as investigating Xubuntu noise comparable to the Eee description is all fraction of that much basic compared to the average Xubuntu so maybe merit a endeavor. Positively uncomplicated adequate to do now that you know how to create the Live SD.

I created an SD card with 10.04 EeeUbuntu using UNetbootin and everything seems to be working well when starting from either the SD card slot or SD card connected to a USB plug. Particularly, the WiFi is working without any changes on my component and I can turn on and off with no trouble. Life is good. The wifi is easy use. Now I'll try Xubuntu alternate CD 11.04 compare.im playing with it now . im happy .

To troubleshoot wireless connection rt2860sta driver. First, Ubuntu unnecessary burden for drivers for my wireless network card. I addressed this by adding the following lines to / etc / modprobe.d / blacklist.conf
    • rt2800pci blacklist
    • rt2800lib blacklist
    • rt2x00usb blacklist
    • rt2x00pci blacklist
    • rt2x00lib blacklist

I also had to take Ubuntu to load and unload the driver for my phone previous to and subsequent to going to snooze. This is done by putting the following line in /etc /pm/config.d /unloads wireless
    Code:
    SUSPEND_MODULES = "rt2860sta"

1000HE I just purchased my hands yesterday and put Ubuntu on it, I'm dying to have a machine with Ubuntu as the only operating system on it. My phone has scales well and had it not been for you to write this article, just one day (twist of fate!) earlier than I bought, subsequently it would have been SOL. This I've been disappearing crazy!i have seen alternate methods also to fix wifi on Eee xubuntu .but im happy with this method

NBR Ubuntu 10.10. Asus Eee PC 901. Wireless was always completely broken after a suspension until it is restarted. Use their instructions and the problem has been. I have fixed this solution through alternate method.For Eee PC 1000 create/add a line to /etc/pm/config.d/config that says:
    Code:
    SUSPEND_MODULES=”rt2860sta”
    This will surely fix your problem.