Thread: Can I use SSD with Asus EEE PC 701?

Can I use SSD with Asus EEE PC 701?

Well I am looking for help from the users of this particular forum and I am hoping that all the users of this particular matter will help me to fix the matter of mine. I am having Asus EEE PC 701 and I am looking to have SSD. Can you suggest what SSD should I bring whether 8GB or 16GB? Let me know if you are having any useful information to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can I use SSD with Asus EEE PC 701?

If you are looking to install SSD on the laptop of yours then I recommend following thing which you should consider. You should simply launch the bottom panel and you have to check whether there is something like Flash_Con connector on the RAM of the laptop. If your answer is yes then I recommend that you will be able to install the SSD on the device of yours and you will be able to use the same as Primary. If it is not available then you have to solder the same.

I think I don’t require to put the memory card on the laptop of mine and I don’t agree to solder the same. rather than soldering the card with laptop I think one should use something like memory card reader. You should simply place the memory card on the card reader which you are having and plugged the same through the USB port and use the same as a storage device. So I think you have figure out how can you use the memory card with the laptop of yours.

There are couple of classes are available in for the memory card. basically all the memory cards are differentiated with the read write speed. There class 2, class 4, class 6 and class 10 available for the memory card. class 2 memory card is having speed of 2mb/s and class 10 memory card is having speed of 10mb/s. so greater the class faster the speed you are going to have. Also the cost of the card will increase as the speed of the memory card is increases.

There are several seller as far as the selling of the memory card is concerned. Basically they are dependent on the location where do you live. Personally I recommend that you can go for amazon id you are staying at somewhere in UK. Another option for you is eBay to purchase the SSD card for you. So you can visit any of the above mentioned websites and I am hoping that it will be useful to fix get the requirement of yours.

I let you know that the Flash_Con has been created by ASUS so that the users will be able to connect with the Flash memory device such as SSD and CF cards. They are associated with the common points like voltage, ground or USB pinouts. You should not confuse with the mini pci express and Flash_Con about which we are talking about you. Flash_Con are having pins for PATA and SATA drive connection and there would be replacement for the lanes 1 and lanes 2. Also you will be able to solder SSD with the hard disk which you are having with you.