Thread: Lenovo T60 makes sound in 1-4-1-1 sequence

Lenovo T60 makes sound in 1-4-1-1 sequence

Here I go I think I have some weird problem with this 3 year old Lenovo T60 laptop that I am having , I guess this is making some weird sound out of the motherboard ,which I guess are some sound indication to something that might be cause of the problem but as I am new to such problem I am not been able to fix this as I am not been able to understand what does it want say , I have taken a keen look at the sound and the beeps in to 1-4-1-1 sequence .

Re: Lenovo T60 makes sound in 1-4-1-1 sequence

First of all the sound that the comes out of the motherboard are never wearied, and there are one which are the early indication of the problem that have either occurred before or would be happening in future, I would also like to tell you that the problem is more likely to be caused by the over use of the laptop, as you are using it for 3 years, so components might have got old and that may be causing you this problem.

I think that is a problem that is more likely to be caused by the use of this RAM that you are using may just not be detected, so I would strongly recommended you to swap the memory modules from this as that might help you to use this in a better way, usually a single beeps indicated that but , you beep s sequence has maximum number of 1 ‘s so I am guess the swapping out the memory module might just work for you , I hope this help you out .

An 1-4-1-1 beeps or sound pattern indicates that there is some problem with the memory module or the ram that you are using this is normally caused due to the pattern that are followed by the phoenix bios that were there , so I guess you are using a phoenix bios, and I guess changing the RAM and trying it out with different things might just work for you in a better way , also try to clean the RAM chips and the fix itr properly and see if the problem persists .

Hey guys , I am extremely sorry to tell you that there is not nothing that works for my laptop , and I an not even using a phoenix bios , so I guess the sound indication to the memory module are just wrong , I have also tried to used this with a new Ram module and still gives me the same problem , I have also seen what beeps does it make after I run that without the RAM so that I can make a difference in the indication and without ram it sounds 1-3-1-1 ,and not 1-4-1-1 .

Hey mate, I have to regrettably have to say that you motherboard is dead, or has been possibly burned off so I guess that is not the problem that is related to RAM as you just said the indication that were given by the ram when that was runner without the it , so this is an indication that tell you that there is some kind of problem with the motherboard which makes the use very unsteadily. I hope that help you out.

Finally after reading all your comment I decided to take my system to a hardware technician as I just could not figure out the problem the many user s pointed out to accurate problem (motherboard) but , I just did not wanted to get involved with the motherboard ,so I though getting that fix for the hardware technical would be surely be a better option for me .Well thanks for all the replies that you gave me .