Thread: Adhoc support over Wifi on HTC Flyer

Adhoc support over Wifi on HTC Flyer

In my opinion the HTC flyer tablet PC is the best choice in the market for now. The wifi, 3G and Bluetooth features of this pad, make it as best choice for connectivity and use it as hotspot. However recently I have heard about adhoc thing in this pad. The customized wpa_supplicant intended for the xoom works on WiFi Flyer through perma-temp root to put in adhoc WiFi support. Surfing by the use of wm6.5 Fuze (Touch Pro) WiFi hotspot. It seems to me that this rumor is the best thing to hear.

Re: Adhoc support over Wifi on HTC Flyer

AS seen Android by not allowing such connections, you need to root, and enter the Android console and change some things, but I see too complicated for many users still do not let them worked or ruining reception wifi. I wonder if there is an easier way to do this with any application or explain to me someone who has succeeded in Android.

I have also heard this thin in some forums. However while doing this thing, first of all make sure you put it as important to turn off the wifi before making any changes, and then activate it. Remember that once you stop using the ad hoc, and want to use again on other networks, you have to turn off the wifi and re-do the file change, otherwise you can damage the adhoc file and having to re-create a. The wifi is turned off by the system modifies the file, and while it does not change anything unusual.

HTC Flyer, which is HTC's first bid to enter this growing segment that enjoys popularity and seems to turn the goose that lays golden eggs. When casting an eye to the Flyer first, one might think that the Taiwanese have been screwed to the bottom, because this tablet is not nothing like an iPhone or XOOM. Nothing could be further from the truth. A few of you might be conscious that Android does not show adhoc networks. More accurately, and quoting from the AOSP – Android utilizes wpa_supplicant like the base interface toward the Wi-Fi device. Your Wi-Fi driver has to be companionable with the regular wpa_supplicant as well as extensions added toward the requester.

First of all for Adhoc support what we need:
    • root access
    • ssh server
    • text editor
    • If you ssh, vi, etc. do not want to install or are not familiar to the Linux command line
    • Copy the files to another computer is best, because they edited and copied it back.

My preferred way of working is directly on the device

In response to a user if HTC would release for the 'Honeycomb update to HTC Flyer, the home of Taiwan said that the upgrade will be released when it becomes available. This statement should be interpreted with caution, however, since it is rather ambiguous. In fact, the "availability" is not mentioned by HTC said that it refers only to the end of development of the interface as well as Sense for Honeycomb 'optimization of the operating system for ad-hoc flyer, but it could also refer to any Stop by Google, which hardly seemed to have hinted that the tablet does not Honeycomb-would receive the upgrade to the new operating system.

Rooter tablet HTC Flyer? Yes it does. Well, almost, as it remains a TempRoot (Root Temporary) and thanks to a member of the website "xda-developpers." He succeeded in giving temporary rights to the system of the tablet for you to do what a normal user cannot perform with the HTC Flyer. For example characters add cities to the Weather application, use Market Enabler, ShootMe. This is a key to access the whole system of your device.