Thread: How to disable standby or sleep mode on Asus laptop

How to disable standby or sleep mode on Asus laptop

I am having a Asus laptop that is running on Windows XP. I am trying to disable or change the sleep mode option in this laptop. I have already disabled the setting in Windows but this laptop still continues to go into sleep mode after 2-3 hours. I also went into the BIOS menu but there is no sleep mode setting in its given option. Does anyone know how do we disable the standby or sleep mode on Asus laptop? Thanks for any help

Re: How to disable standby or sleep mode on Asus laptop

Try to follow the below method and see if that helps you out:
    1. First click on Start and then go to Settings and click on Control Panel.
    2. After that in Control Panel, go to Performance and Maintenance and under that double click on the Power Options.
    3. Now, on the power options go to Power Schemes Tab and under that set teh Standby or Hibernate option value to Never.
    4. Click the ok button finally and then test again if your problem is solved or not.

Re: How to disable standby or sleep mode on Asus laptop

Can you tell us whether you have clean installed on any unpartitioned hard drive space? Have you tried to set the Power Options of Sleep to Never? It might be a power plan issue, can you check what is the power plan that you have set in your laptop? Also check if the Hibernate option is turned off. Lastly you need to ensure that you have ACPI 2.0 Support set to enabled in Bios and also you have the ACPI/APCI Support set to Enabled and set EuP to disabled.

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state, just follow the steps given in the following link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions