Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad Z60t orange light is glowing battery doesn’t charge?

Lenovo ThinkPad Z60t orange light is glowing battery doesn’t charge?

Hello guys going through a tuff problem and don’t know what to do please help me out of this I have just bought Lenovo ThinkPad Z60t and it has a problem with the battery recharging it has been contantly showing a orange light please help me tell me what to do now I am really frustrated with this I don’t know much about computers and I am not understanding what to do now so suggest me something? And let me tell you I have also upgraded Power Manager to version 1.30 and the Power Management Driver to 1.44?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Z60t orange light is glowing battery doesn’t charge?

I have this problem also. First 4-cell battery worked for 1.5 years, then says "error detected irreparable" and LED flashes orange. A new Battery worked for 13 months black list was not Lenovo. As seen on the Internet many people have this problem of the T42 series, as I have understood, when Lenovo Cames. People such as the manager of energy that causes this problem. It runs Linux all the time and after 3 years installed Windows to update the BIOS and fingerprints and after updating the system that damages the battery. I'm really I cannot understand why this Lenovo. Why I cannot recharge my batteries? Who cares that the damage? I checked my cell battery for the first time by the cell and all cells worked perfectly. As I understand it a bug in the firmware of the microcontroller of the battery. I'm going to reverse engineer a battery controller to monitor why this happens, but why do I have to do this? Why these Lenovo are cannot solve this problem for many people. I havent got any help from the thinkpad Lenovo guys too.

Well guys don’t worry I am sure that this is the problem of the charger and you would get the replacement for sure I am very sure with this because I had this problem and when I visited them they said me that the charger is the issue and then I asked them to replace it they would be doing bit ignoring if the battery is around 6 month old but if you really get into the act with them I am sure they would be replacing it for sure.

Yap surely this is an problem with the charger this can’t be the problem with this charger because the battery can never behave like that it is not there until it is been a problem with this connection of the battery with the connector code and if this is not the case it won’t completely show that it is unable to charge if the battery is faulty then it would be like it would charge for some time and then it would stop or it would charge but it won’t be working without the adapter.

Well this can be the problem with your switch but I don’t think you might haven’t still checked it into different codes but if you haven’t then please try that may that help and if you have done it definitely you need to contact to the service center and they would definitely help you out with this charger has been a problem from a long time and for many of the people so I think they would be understanding this and would be giving you the replacement for sure.

I also think that there is only two case which can have this type of problem and they are either the problem is of the charger or the code is the fault I think the code in your laptop must have been broken or so and it is not detecting the charger this would be cleared when the other charger would be plugged and normally in such cases the problem is the charger and there is no other culprit like motherboard, ram, processor have been found to be the culprit till now for such problems.

Yap this is surely a problem of the charger when i had this problem i to checked every thing the code the battery and all but it wasn't found out until i just changed a charger and tried out the battery started geting charged up an i am sure with this that there is not problme of the drivers been updated how can a driver effect the hardware and the battery wont be charged it has nothing to do with it i think you need to change the charger for sure.